cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Data not working

daslade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've purchased a $20 add on for roaming call text and data for 10 days, I can see this in my account

Calls and texts are working, roaming is not

I've tried the following: 

- reset phone, data works briefly and then stops working

- Manually select multiple carriers

- automatically select carrier

- Roaming data is turned on in my phone settings

Nothing seems to work

19 REPLIES 19

daslade

Thank you, I've just done this and we'll see what they can do for me

@daslade   Submit a ticket to customer support via chatbot and ask for assistance here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If unable to submit a ticket, the send private message to CS_Agent here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

daslade

Yes roaming data enabled, no data limits set

Hi @daslade you sure you have enabled Data Roaming  ?  that is another checkbox you need to click 

daslade

Tried connecting to both AT&T and Verizon manually, no luck

daslade

I haven't used all my data, only 23mb so far

daslade

I'm in USA, yes my add on shows on my account as active

daslade

Tried connecting to available 3g networks manually, this didn't work

daslade

Tried all of these except resetting network connections since I don't want to lose all these, unfortunately none worked

daslade

Toggling didn't work

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Seems to be very hit and miss. A local prepaid option may be the way to go, or VoIP app etc 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @daslade  did you manually select AT&T and T-Mobile?  Do you rely on automatic.  Use manual select

Make sure you have LTE set.

Also, you might get better signal at different region, and different carrier might work better at a different place

@dabr wrote:

@hairbag1   OP said calls/text work but unable to use data.  I thought data doesn't get affected by the carriers shutting down their 3G network and only calls would be an issue?  That's not the case then?

I did not know that..I assumed data would be adversely affected as well.

I wonder if OP hasn't consumed all his data already...like you said ...250MB isn't alot of data.

He'd have to get another data add-on for continued use while in USA.

250MB...$10
500MB...$15
1GB...$20

@benfatto   It seems OP can call and text but is having issues with intermittent data, although it's possible they may have used up the data already as it's only 250MB in that package.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@daslade  Are you currently in USA or Canada? Can you see that add-on under Data & add-ons?

@hairbag1   OP said calls/text work but unable to use data.  I thought data doesn't get affected by the carriers shutting down their 3G network and only calls would be an issue?  That's not the case then?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Here's a notice that may have affected you...

U.S. Data Only

10 day packages

Important: As of February 22nd, 2022, some United States (U.S) carriers will begin turning down certain 3G/HSPA networks in the U.S. As a result, some customers using U.S. roaming add-ons may be impacted by differences in coverage or service quality (including 9-1-1 calls) when roaming in the U.S. This shutdown will not impact your service in Canada.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Try one of these remedies:

- Reboot device

- Reset network connections

- Toggle airplane mode on/off

- Re-seat - remove SIM for a few minutes and then reinsert SIM card back

- Try to manually connect to AT&T or T-mobile.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@daslade   Try toggling airplane mode on/off.  You can also try powering off phone, remove SIM, reinsert after couple of mins and reboot phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.