cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Add On Not Working.

silverherts
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Down in West Virginia - restarted phone multiple times, data roaming is on, At & t selected but won't connect, automatic connection comes up with nothing, T Mobile isn't an option to connect to, APN completed inline with Public Mobile guidelines, tried in another phone and still doesn't work, tried turning airplane mode on and off again.

Still not working.

Any ideas please?

12 REPLIES 12

@Ando wrote:

@silverherts 

not necessary to update plans, connect to verizon it's works fine and reboot phone.

Does Public Mobile allow raoming on Verizon network?  I'm not certain of that.

But what happens when you try to connect to that Verizon? Your plan here is already actually using 4G LTE. It's the stupid marketing that calls it 3G speed. The keyword is speed. It's not 3G at all. Although this place can also use real 3G HSPA data. So there's no need to change the plan.

Did you also try AT&T? My thinking is that AT&T has abandoned us. Both T-Mobile and AT&T are supposed to work with text and data. But only T-Mobile will do talk by way of allowing us to use their old 2G network. But coverage is limited.

Turn off the automatic setting. Then let it find and then choose one of them. The Verizon idea is only a distant maybe. Worth trying though

silverherts

Thank you for the warning. 

@silverherts    No don't update any plans as that won't make a difference to the roaming add-on and you may lose a grandfathered plan by changing but it won't affect any add-ons or rewards but might affect any bonus data you might have activated with.

edit:  for now you may want to submit a ticket and see of PM support can offer any further suggestions otherwise you will need to get a refund for an unusable roaming add-on anyhow.

Here's a link to chatbot if you need it:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

silverherts

Thanks so much for this - the Veriszon that comes up as a network is Veriszon 4G and AT & T is also 4G network. My plan is 3G, will upgrade my plan if it fixes it BUT VERY concerned I will loose add on and have to do again. In an emergency situation so really could do without the faff of this. 

@silverherts   Interesting that you see Verizon.  Here's the post I was referring to regarding being able to connect to Verizon:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Question/m-p/884111#M602369

silverherts

I do. 

@silverherts   Thanks for confirming.  Just to clarify, but you actually see Verizon being available in your phone then?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I am not surprised US add-on is not working 😞 due to 3G shutting down in USA.

When you get back, ask for refund/credit to your account.

silverherts

Tried already and won't let me connect. Tried literally every option on the list. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@silverherts    While very unlikely to be true, another customer recently shared that a CSA had advised him to try and connect to Verizon when he's in the states.   Perhaps you can try to see if Verizon is even an option on your phone?   We won't be surprised to hear that it it's not though.. 😊

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @silverherts you have done the right thing to try at&t and t-mobile.  You might want to try in another area again, manual connect 

If it does not work,  PM will refund you the roaming charge

Need Help? Let's chat.