cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards system

Coldkalguksu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a old user more than 3 years

Recently changed new rewards points, however I have to pay more bill every months.

So, is it possible to opt out and back to old reward system?

5 REPLIES 5

@darlicious 

Yes I agree with you. It is a bit lacking in full disclosure.

I didn’t actually realize until you mentioned it (haven’t been following very closely) that there are actually some add-ons that are a better deal with Public Points on the new system.

AE_Collector

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Coldkalguksu 

Bummer! I'm sorry you basically got duped into switching to the points program. The advantages you now enjoy are cheaper add ons that you can redeem points for ie. $15/1gb =10 points ($10) or $10/10 day US Roaming data add on = 5 points ($5) and you can enter the lucky draw for a new iPhone 13 for 1point ($1). Chances are so early into the points program there will be less entries into the lucky draw so you may have a higher chance of winning...so there's that.

@AE_Collector 

I don't like the way pm encourages joining the points program with wording like this....

"If you thought you loved Public Rewards wait until you meet Public Points. Public Points earn on even more and gives you the flexibility to spend on what you want."

I find this statement misleading.....

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Shocking the number of people who switch over without investigating a bit further to learn that you will basically lose most of your Loyalty Reward by changing to the new plan.

AE_Collector 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

No, you cannot go back to old reward system. You can opt-out completely from any type of rewards (points), though.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Coldkalguksu  Unfortunately there is not an option to change back to old rewards. There is a big disclaimer stating this and you actually have to check mark a box to confirm that you accept the terms and conditions. Sorry but it is not possible. Some made the change and then tried asking PM support to change back and they were not able to do so unfortunately.

Need Help? Let's chat.