cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards following a sim swap fraud

Hexaflexagon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I went through a sim swap fraud last month, in which I temporarily deactivated/suspended my account for a few hours. I see that the rewards are still on my account, but they weren't applied on my most recent cell phone bill. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Is the rewards not being applied issue related to the temporary suspension of my account? Is this an error or working as intended? Will my rewards be applied for future bills?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

@Hexaflexagon 

This a glitch that was briefly fixed last year but returned last fall. If you use the lost/stolen feature while active ( vs using it when suspended to force the system to take your payment) will result in your rewards not being applied upon renewal. However this is not the true intention of the system. The system was set up to prevent an account that is suspended for non payment from using earned rewards for the forthcoming cycle to pay for and reactivate the new 30 day cycle's plan. But it is not meant to deny the customer the earned rewards. As such when this glitch occurs when using the lost/stolen feature it requires the customer to then contact the moderators and ask for the rewards to be applied manually to the account after renewal/reactivation.

@Hexaflexagon wrote:

Hi all,

I went through a sim swap fraud last month, in which I temporarily deactivated/suspended my account for a few hours. I see that the rewards are still on my account, but they weren't applied on my most recent cell phone bill. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Is the rewards not being applied issue related to the temporary suspension of my account? Is this an error or working as intended? Will my rewards be applied for future bills?

The system is working as intended in the sense that rewards are not supposed to be received if any account is suspended. For some reason, lost/stolen appears to make the system believe that a payment was missed.

As for your question about future renewals, those won't be affected, unless your services are suspended again.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Hexaflexagon 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/who-can-earn-rewards

To be eligible to earn Rewards, you must have:
  1. A Rewards-eligible plan:
    • All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015, with the exception of 10-day plans, are eligible for Rewards. Plans offered between May 9, 2014 and January 26, 2015 are not eligible.
  2. An active account:
    • Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status. For example: if you earn Rewards and immediately go into a suspended state because of a late payment, you will not be able to use your Rewards until you have made that payment.
    • Your Community account must use the same email address as your Self-Serve account in order to receive Community Rewards. If your Self-Serve and Community email addresses are not the same, learn how to update your Community email address here.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Hexaflexagon :If you not getting the rewards you should write to Moderator Team by click white bubble at bottom right or click envelope button in to right.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Hexaflexagon You can contact the moderator team for this. You can simply click on the envelop icon and send to "moderator_team" and state your issue. They will get back to you within two business days.

Need Help? Let's chat.