cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send texts

aleyjoy7373
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Since I started my account just a few weeks ago I have been unable to send any texts - but I can text myself and receive it, and can receive it from others.

7 REPLIES 7

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@aleyjoy7373 :Also, follow up on this thread you created and provide more information so people here can help you better.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@aleyjoy7373 

Try rebooting device and removing SIM and reinsert.

It's possible chat or iMessage settings under Messaging app needs to be switched to automatic or SMS only. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Can you check your SMSC setting or Message Centre number?

Not sure if iPhone the same, 

On Android Message App, look for Settings, it should be under Text Message settings, look for Message Centre or SMSC.  It is a phone number to be put in.

Also, what brand of your phone is yours? was your phone used on another network before?   I think this setting usually get it automatically from the SIM card, just not sure if it has a previous number there

sunflowershine

@aleyjoy7373 

What is your plan? Are you having unlimited outgoing text messages? 

TheGx

@aleyjoy7373 :Also try power off your phone then on again see if that helps...what else have you tried?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@aleyjoy7373 

Is your talk and data working fine?  Did you activate a new number or port over a number? 

Maybe try rebooting phone.  Network reset of phone.  Toggle airplane mode on, then off. 

TheGx

@aleyjoy7373 :What model phone you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.