cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards and upgrading

publicsteve1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have asked this before, and people have said that you keep your rewards for loyalty and referral after doing an upgrade to a 5g plan, but just double checking - this message was included when I went to do the upgrade - what do you think it means? " After changing your plan, your current promotions will no longer be valid." I reversed course at that point, I don't want to move to the new points program.

2 REPLIES 2

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@publicsteve1  You will keep your old rewards. I can confirm this I switch plan often and always keep my old rewards . Just don’t ever opt into the new points system . The only thing you can potentially lose is if when you signed up for the plan your currently on offered extra data each month for x amount of months . But your rewards will remain there tied  to your account not your plan 

Handy1_0-1702994514186.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

HI @publicsteve1 

the line is about those activation promotion and not related with rewards or referrals.  The activation promotions are those people got #GB for free for # months.  That bonus will appear under My Promotions on your My Accounts.  If you don't have that, you don't have to worry about it

Again, You can freely change plan and it wont' affect your current rewards, also confirmed by Community Manager here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FAQ-amp-Troubleshooting/td-p/986594

Will I be moved to the new rewards program if I change my plan?
Changing your plan won’t automatically transfer you to our new Public Points rewards program. If you’re currently on our legacy rewards program, you will continue to stay on it. However, we encourage you to explore Public Points, as it opens up even more opportunities for savings.

Need Help? Let's chat.