cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward

Sing0763
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone, i am using public mobile for 2 years but have not got any specials in those two years except loyalty and auto pay reward. 

I got sometime message that we are giving 1 gb free data but that never happened as well.

So either planning to switch or looking for better option. Currently i am on $45 plan .

any help would be appreciated .

Thanks,

Satnam

22 REPLIES 22

trythis1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When you do get the notifications you need to login and add them as you would if you bought an add on, They do not automatically add to your account  

@RosieR 

Here's the email I recieved this past December....

Screenshot_20210203-134739.png

@Anonymous thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR : I got this on my main account and my dormant account. Oddly not on my data account. The main account also got a reminder a week later. Nowhere else. But no texts. I mis-spoke. I got the Lunar referral promo in text though. So what with the current hit or miss email notifications going on now I guess overall these things are hit or miss.

MiM2020.jpg

@Anonymous as I have only been here since August 2020, I have only received free giveaways from Public Mobile on the More is Merrier is Back.  I checked my texts and my email, and I didn't receive a text or email on this.  If you received a text or email on this free giveaways. would you please post either one here?  Thanks in advance

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR : People must be blocking emails or choosing not to receive them. Same with texts. The gifts were mentioned in several avenues of communication. Not just here.

@Sing0763 wrote:

made my mind to leave public mobile services after 30 months usage . Thanks everyone in the community who are helping each other

@Sing0763 sorry to hear that you were not able to get all the giveaways given by Public Mobile because you were not active in the community.  The giveaways are announced on the Announcement board, so only those who are active in the community or even just check the Announcement board once in a while, could avail themselves of these freebies.  Based on posts in the forums, quite a number of customers like you are missing on the free giveaways because of this. 

We are sorry to see you go but we wish you well

Stay safe

RosieR 

Edit:  apparently Promotion Announcements are sent out to customers by email.

@Sing0763 

Do you mind sharing the deal that convinced you to go.......?

@Sing0763 

Sorry to see you go....I hope the new guys are everything they promised. And yes remove your credit card. If you are not porting out you will have 89 days to change your mind. If you are entering a contract you have 15 days to change your mind penalty free.

If you have autopay setup, you may want to remove it from your account.

Good Luck.

Sing0763

made my mind to leave public mobile services after 30 months usage . Thanks everyone in the community who are helping each other

@Jayannon 

Sounds like your overview page is as crowded as mine. Unless you are on a grandfathered plan or already on the $15 plan you could downgrade for awhile to use up some of your promos and save some money at the same time.

Jayannon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Very strange , I know I get a text message saying here's a free gift and it's quite often actually . I have an extra 20 GB of data stockpiled from giveaways and 1500 long distance minutes saved as well . All compiled from maybe a dozen free gifts over the 2 years I've been with public mobile . I'll likely never use them as I haven't come close to using what my plan provides but it's nice to have none the less 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

even you didn't get the email (maybe in junk mail maybe you opt'ed out of PM email), try to come onto this community at least once a month... check the Announcements section so, you don't miss any freebie..  

Also, make sure to check around Christmas time... 

@Sing0763 wrote:

Hi everyone, i am using public mobile for 2 years but have not got any specials in those two years except loyalty and auto pay reward. 

I got sometime message that we are giving 1 gb free data but that never happened as well.

So either planning to switch or looking for better option. Currently i am on $45 plan .

Aside from the few giveaays, most offers are usually for new customers. There have been a few promotional plans that were made available to all custoemrs, and I do remember one instance of a plan that was offered to some in conjunction with use a of a promo code.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Right. Thank you. That one did not require any action from the customer.

@Sing0763 

With exception of the 1gb data add on given away in August 2019 that was automatically added to our accounts all the other giveaways required you to either respond YES to the text message or log into your account and "purchase" the free add ons from within your account. 

Have you not recieved any emails or text messages offering you these free gifts/promos? You may have opted out accidently. Contact the moderators to check if you have opted out of both of these methods to be informed of these kind of promotions. Visit the community at the beginning of December each year for pm's "more the merrier" campaign. They are almost always found on sites like RFD as well. And you could just hang out with us in the community as well.....welcome!

Edit:

If you were around for and a customer on August 19th 2019 and recieved the text but never recieved the 1gb add on then you could probably ask for it to be added to your account because that would be pm's fault for missing you......better late then never!

Sing0763

thanks, i  willl  keep an eye on that

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sing0763 :To look at available plans and specials click on shop in the menu at to right corner of this page.

The giveaways require you to login to your self serve account when the specials are announced, you should check the announcements page here on this forum too, the giveaways are only few times a year.

You can also get add one too instead of paying for bigger plan, that could save you money in long run.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Sing0763 

You can start by signing up, although not everyone gets notifications even though they have signed up. Best way is to come onto this community and look under Announcements.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

deals.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sing0763 : Yes there have been several giveaways in these couple years. 1GB, 2GB, 5GB, 400 minutes, 500 minutes, 1000 minutes. You had to do something to get all of them. They didn't just appear on their own. Either notified via email or text or here on the site.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Sing0763 wrote:

Thanks,

Satnam

@Sing0763 hi there have been tons of giveaways here do you have pm notifications and texts blocked ?

Need Help? Let's chat.