cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward System

raymondzhou122
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I choose not to go with Public Mobile's new reward system, will I continue to get my discounted credits from like friend referrals? Or is Public Mobile going to discontinue this credit system for this newer reward system?

15 REPLIES 15

raymondzhou122

Yea even with the new rewards program, I still think pm deals are better than big companies like Roger and Bell

PMs new reward system is 💩 relatively speak that is 🙃

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel 

The koodo plans that are the same price as public mobile's are throttled to 3mbps. The full speed 4G LTE speed plans are a little more. But they are offering retailers the old promotions that pm used to offer like free month credits and ongoing bonus referral credits of $25+ for both the referrer and the referree.

The only thing keeping me with public mobile is the old rewards program. I am now terribly disappointed in my provider and telus as a whole or should I say ...A hole....? Well Darren Entwistle you reap what you sow.....careful you might end up with a crop of tomacco?!!

it didn't make sense for them to destroy the loyalty reward like that. it takes a long time to achieve that full reward. when you also compare it to the overall experience of the services, this company isn't worth it. for the average customer who just wants a reliable service. this place definitely isn't a choice anymore. 

they want to make Koodo the prepaid brand of choice. that's why their plans are the same as PM and also offer full LTE.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@raymondzhou122 wrote:

If I choose not to go with Public Mobile's new reward system, will I continue to get my discounted credits from like friend referrals?

YES And loyalty and auto-pay. 

Or is Public Mobile going to discontinue this credit system for this newer reward system?

ASSUME NOT AS IT WAS GRANDFATHERED. 

raymondzhou122

Thanks and so is the only reward for autopay with the new system 500 mb? The 5% will be applied regardless of autopay or not?

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@raymondzhou122 

Don't be silly....don't bite. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@raymondzhou122 

Good Gawd...Don't do it! Just don't do it!!

Please I'm already sick to my stomach from poor @Jasonxie today......just don't do it.

@raymondzhou122 well for starters your loyalty rewards for after year 1 are 12 dollars a year ,new system they are 10, year 2 old sytstem 24 dollars new system 10, 3rd year 36 new sytem 10 and so on up to 5 years the 2 dollar auto pay is replaceced by 5% of you bill so its a bad deal you also need to collect 15 reward points to cash them in 

@raymondzhou122 wrote:

why is it bad? It seems pretty much the same as the old system. 1 point is $1.

@raymondzhou122   have to tell you the truth, new is not as good as the old, mainly the Loyalty reward.

Here is the comparison

Overall, don't look, don't think and just stay on the old system  

softech_0-1656286965241.png

quick advise for anyone who consider changing:  If you are gone, you are gone.  That is a point of NO RETURN!!

in summary  

1.  $2 Autopay is no longer there and replaced with 5% ,  you get less (but you get 5% for your other Add-on purchases as well)
  2. No more loyalty rewards, meaning the loyalty discount of $1/month up to $5/month will disappear. Instead, they will only give $10 each year on the anniversary.

For someone with PM between 1st to 12th month
                  The old reward system will give $0 that year, versus $10 at the end of the 12th month with thew new system
    For someone with PM between the 13th and 24th month:
                    The old reward program will give $12 that year ($1/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 24th month with the new system
    For someone with PM between months 25th and 36th:
                   the old reward program will give $24 that year ($2/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 36th month with the new system
    for someone with PM between months 61 and 72 (and every year after that after that point)
                  the old reward program will give $60/year ($5/cycle) versus $10/year under the new system 

3. You can no longer apply $1 or $2 you got to the bill right a way, you have to collect enough to 15 points to cash out $15 in one shot
    Also, you have to remember to convert your points to dollars once it reaches 15 points.  PM no longer automatic apply the reward discount.

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,

- 5% Points back for add-on purchases as well

- add-ons are around 33% cheaper when you redeem with Public Points
- you can use 1 point for lucky draw, so, technically you bet $1 and can win an iPhone 

raymondzhou122

why is it bad? It seems pretty much the same as the old system. 1 point is $1.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@raymondzhou122   or you meant you are on the old system still and asking "what if" for the new system?

if that is the case, you can keep using the old system.  No one know how long they will keep the old system , but will see.   For now and the foreseeable future, you are not forced to move to the new system

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@raymondzhou122  hi don't take a bite of the apple you will lose just about eerything except for your friend refferals it is a terrible deal!!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

HI@raymondzhou122 

If you opt out, you won't get anything then.  

Why you want to opt out the new one? The opt out option is just there for legal reason.  For people with religious or other personal reason that absolutely do not like to join any reward system. 

Need Help? Let's chat.