cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Voicemail

tolson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I changed a SIM card because I travelled and since coming back, everything else except my voicemail is working. I am registering as getting voicemails but when I go to listen it says I am blocked. I have turned my phone on and off, switched data on and off but I haven't had success in getting this resolved. Any ideas or things that have worked for any of you?

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tolson 

Do you have an iPhone? If so try these instructions from @NDesai  on resetting your voicemail access #

Check Current Voicemail Retrieval Number

1. Click the Phone icon.
  2. Choose Keypad.
  3. Input  *#5005*86#.
  4. Press Call to show the status. 

Program New Voicemail Retrieval Number

1. Click the Phone icon.
  2. Choose Keypad.
  3. Input *5005*86*123#. <-- I replaced '123#' with 1+my phone number including area code
  4. Press Call to program the number.

tolson

This did work to access my voicemail and reset my password. I then went on and tried my voicemail from the icon on my phone and still am getting the call failed when I access it from my direct voicemail button but I will try again, it might just take some time to reset. 

@tolson   try to manually call from your phone to any voicemail access number here (start with those in your province and closer to you)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

if you found one works, try to program it to the voicemail speed dial

tolson

Sounds great! I will try that.  Thank you

tolson

I haven't been able to access from a landline but I will try to adjust the shortcut. Thank you! 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tolson 

Try resetting your voicemail pin #. You can access it on your profile page in your account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tolson wrote:

Hi, 

I changed a SIM card because I travelled and since coming back, everything else except my voicemail is working. I am registering as getting voicemails but when I go to listen it says I am blocked. I have turned my phone on and off, switched data on and off but I haven't had success in getting this resolved. Any ideas or things that have worked for any of you?

@tolson   can you access the voicemail from landline?

If you can, check your phone Voicemail shortcut key/speed dial  to see if the number preset there is correct. (Let us know the type of phone you have and we can walk you through how to check that)

Need Help? Let's chat.