cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing credit card

burdenfire
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there.

I am trying to replace my credit card info but unfortunately running into this issue:

"Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information."

my credit card is allowed online purchases. It's a common mastercard. I have tried leaving the apt number blank, having the unit number is the address line...etc... Have also tried running it in incognito mode.

Looking for the magic address formula or a moderator Smiley Happy

thanks

20 REPLIES 20

@Rose18 

Enter your apartment number in the address field. So if your apartment number is #201 enter it as:

• 201-123 1st AVE E, YOUR CITY, PROV, CANADA, X2X2X2

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rose18 

Accepted payments (publicmobile.ca)

you can Remove your credit card and Logout and

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

or try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

and log in and re entered your credit details,

just make sure your credit card number and your address match the same,

sometime your typing but is a one word or letter or number is a wrong or is missing just make sure for it.

How To Update or Remove Your Payment Card

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details,

1. sign in to Self-Serve.  Once signed in,

2. click on the ‘Payment’ tab,

then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’.

you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, or ‘Remove this card’.

You will need to review and confirm this change to your account,

and if can't fix it you need To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Rose18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There is no apartment number field.  I have verified my credit card billing address and entered it (sans apartment number and symbols) and Public still won't register the card.  It keeps telling me that the problem is with my credit card.  I have spoken to the credit card company and they assure me that my account is in good standing and has sufficient credit.

LOL 😆 😆 😆 

@CannonFodder  See...now youre getting it! Pm is no bugatti EB 110....its more of a rusty Chevy nova that your kooky great aunt drove for 35 years. The passenger seat window doesn't roll down, if you're not careful youll flood the engine, theres no power steering but if you keep the oil topped up and put the right kind of gas in you can open her up on the highway and she purrs like a kitten.

As long as you know where to stroke her she's a beautiful ride and cheap on gas.... and the reason youre here ...to keep more in your wallet...less flash and more cash!!!

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Er.... uhm.... since you mentioned me here, I guess you're referring to another "apt#" vs. "unit#" thread? 🤔 

@CannonFodder Yes it was, but only to show you that this works sometimes, not as some personal attack. It's hard to give people ALL the information in a few lines but this sometimes works.

No problemo - I understood what you were saying. 👍 

As I said, PM clearly has some issues that need fixing.... although I input a unit# in my profile, and I'm QUITE sure I must've also done so when inputting my credit card info(otherwise I'd have been one of the people posting here asking for the same help!), based on what I've read here in the last few days, when it comes time for my autopay to kick in, I may end up having to log in and manually pay, AND re-input my card info, all while LEAVING OUT my unit#. 🙄 

@CannonFodder wrote:

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@magoo wrote:

Thanks So MUCH @ChuckYeah I've been trying for at lease 45 minutes to update my card. Phew!! great tip about the apartment number, now I can go back to enjoying my Sunday --- stress level zero.

Happy New Year everyone!!

Not disrespect intended, but it does work sometimes @CannonFodder .

Er.... uhm.... since you mentioned me here, I guess you're referring to another "apt#" vs. "unit#" thread? 🤔 

@CannonFodder Yes it was, but only to show you that this works sometimes, not as some personal attack. It's hard to give people ALL the information in a few lines but this sometimes works.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@magoo wrote:

Thanks So MUCH @ChuckYeah I've been trying for at lease 45 minutes to update my card. Phew!! great tip about the apartment number, now I can go back to enjoying my Sunday --- stress level zero.

In any case, it's clear, based on this thread, and MANY others, that PM has plenty of issues to iron out.... 🙄 

In the case of inputting credit card info, I've seen it mentioned on LOTS of sites in the past, that whatever info you input about your credit card HAS TO be EXACTLY what's on your billing address, or your purchase may not go through. The fact that your credit card can be used on PM, WITHOUT inputting a unit#, ESPECIALLY if said unit# is a vital part of your address, and more importantly, your credit card's billing address, just seems completely messed up. I suppose the part I mentioned above, where I said, ", or your purchase may not go through", means that "may not" are the key words.

@magoo wrote:

Congrats and Happy New Year to you!

magoo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

burdenfire

thank you for taking the time to reply.

No it's a fairly new card. 

the issue was on their input fields when entering data. I had tried several different inputs, including matching my billing address exactly.The solution oddly enough was to NOT input my unit number in the address bar nor the unit number field. 

@burdenfire wrote:

Hi Chuck

Thank you for your reply. it FINALLY took. I had to NOT enter my unit number at all, which is strange but i'll take it.

1) I had to leave the unit number field blank

2) have no mention of my unit number in the address field even though the unit number was listed under "my profile"

@burdenfire Noted. Thanks for the update.👍

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@burdenfire wrote:

Hi there.

I am trying to replace my credit card info but unfortunately running into this issue:

"Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information."

my credit card is allowed online purchases. It's a common mastercard. I have tried leaving the apt number blank, having the unit number is the address line...etc... Have also tried running it in incognito mode.

Looking for the magic address formula or a moderator Smiley Happy

thanks

You probably use up your credit card credit. Check your credit card balance. When you fill in new credit card information, make sure your name on the card, card number, expired date and security code is correct.

burdenfire

thank you for taking the time to reply

the solution was to not enter my unit number at all anywhere even though my billing address under "my profile" had it listed.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@burdenfire  looks like you have tried all the known tricks to get it working but to no avail. It's possible that a security lock was triggered and needs to be reset by the moderator team.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

burdenfire

Hi Chuck

Thank you for your reply. it FINALLY took. I had to NOT enter my unit number at all, which is strange but i'll take it.

1) I had to leave the unit number field blank

2) have no mention of my unit number in the address field even though the unit number was listed under "my profile"

@burdenfire wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

I have tried a combo of address inputs but with no success. Is there somewhere in my profile that has the billing address i put?

It is not a debit card.

No, there is nowhere in your profile where billing address is stored. 

Maybe try again after one hour. Clear cache, incognito mode may help. 

Address has has to exactly match your bank statement address. 

If if that fails then you will need to contact moderator. Click on question mark on right corner of website. Type: contact moderator and then follow prompts to submit to ticket. 

@burdenfire Try looking at "My Profile" in your self serve account. This is not the credit card address, but it is possible that it would be the same unless you had issues when signing up as well and had to adjust it.

burdenfire

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

I have tried a combo of address inputs but with no success. Is there somewhere in my profile that has the billing address i put?

It is not a debit card.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@burdenfire Your address must match the billing address of the credit card exactly. Don't use the Apt. # field. Use a 6 character postal code (X1X1X1), no space. Don't use special characters like # or &.

Not Master Card Debit, is it?

Need Help? Let's chat.