cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal

DeelightfulDee3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ran out of data. How do I renew my plan early?

Thanks

28 REPLIES 28

With the new marketing regime, it's a bit scary to use someone else's account to compare to your own. Who knows what targeted plans are available and which "regular" plans are made unavailable to an account.  I like my play the cautious game and say change plans at your own risk. 

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I think the $34 roaming plan still available to all of us 

@Handy1 wrote:

@DeelightfulDee3  Unfortunately the 10GB $29 is lowest price plan for existing customers . All cheaper option are reserved for new activations only 

That's no longer entirely true.  Public Mobile makes different plans to different existing cutomers.  A plan being availiable or not available to one customer in Self Serve does not necessarily mean that the same will be true for another customer.

DeelightfulDee3

@Handy1 

Wow. Thanks. Doesn't leave a lot of options for customers. So much for flexibility and the ability for me to restrict my kids data when needed.

@DeelightfulDee3  Unfortunately the 10GB $29 is lowest price plan for existing customers . All cheaper option are reserved for new activations only 

DeelightfulDee3

@computergeek541 

I'm going to switch plans now and hopefully the Roaming plan will be an option. That aside I noticed the lowest price plan is $29/10GB. There are no lower priced options anymore?

DeelightfulDee3

@computergeek541 

I can't check my own account as it doesn't offer my current plan as an option.

DeelightfulDee3

@Handy1 

OK that gives me some reassurance that it's there. I'll give support another hour or so to respond before I renew early.

To my knowledge, the $34 Canada-wide plan and the $34 Canada-US plan should both be available, but the only way to know for sure is for you go to your own account to check.  At any given time, different plansay be avaialablr to different customers.

@DeelightfulDee3  Yes that is option too , once you make immediate plan change to the 50GB $34 plan you can schedule plan change for next renewal to the 50GB $34 CAN/US plan . Just won’t be able to roam or call the US for 30 days 

DeelightfulDee3

@computergeek541 @Handy1 

Yes I just tried that and it doesn't work. I suppose worse case scenario I can just change to the non Roaming $34/50 GB plan. Can you confirm the $34/50GB Roaming plan exists still as a choice in my account? If so I can then schedule a plan change back to it after I renew early.

@computergeek541  Didn’t realize that didn’t work any more . Well that’s disappointing. One would think public mobile would make that easy to do to cut down on the need for support to do such a simple task 

@Handy1 

Scheduling a change to a random plan and then performing an immediate plan change to the same plan as current used to work but no longer does.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@DeelightfulDee3  So your on the 50GB for $34 CAN/US plan ? If so I think you can schedule plan change for next renewal  for a different plan and immediately go back into plan change and select the 50GB for $34 CAN /US plan and make a immediate plan change to it and start your 30 day cycle over right away 

In the past, it was sometimes possible to renew early using Self Serve.  This was because plans would sometimes show up in the list of available plans to change to and a customer could sometimes select the same plan as the active one.  Unfortunately, I haven't seen that ability it quite a while.

An early renewal without needing the help of a customer support agent would require a change to a different price plan.

DeelightfulDee3

@will13am 

Thanks. Hopefully they get back to me in a couple of hours. So much for self serve. Lol!

@DeelightfulDee3 , you can't immediate renew on your own because the plan you are on will not be available to you to select.  There's no feature to select current plan for immediate renewal.  I know it's kind of non intuitive, it's been like this forever. 

DeelightfulDee3

@EB0 

I've messaged support but can j renew without their help?

DeelightfulDee3

@will13am 

I would normally wait it out but it's my kids birthday tomorrow so I need data.

DeelightfulDee3

@EB0 

The US/Canada Roaming plan.

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DeelightfulDee3 

One day without data is not bad

there are two $34 50GB 5G plans, one Canada only and one Canada/US, both are available, which plan do you have?

@DeelightfulDee3 , FWIW it might be worthwhile to wait it out without data for one day.  

DeelightfulDee3

@will13am 

I don't run out very often. My renewal is on the 16th so I'm not losing much.

DeelightfulDee3

@EB0 

No my plan isn't available anymore.

@DeelightfulDee3 , your plan doesn't have unlimited throttled data.  If you are using up the included data frequently, I think the $40/75GB plan option might work for you.  It can get expensive doing early renewals even if support will do it for you. 

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DeelightfulDee3 

If your plan is still available, just login your account and select your plan, change now, the system will charge your $34 and renew it for another 30 days start today.

DeelightfulDee3

@will13am 

I have the $34/50GB Roaming plan.

@DeelightfulDee3 , in the past customers could ask support to renew the current plan early.  You can try by initiating a support ticket using the chat symbol on the lower right corner of the web page.  BTW, what plan do you have?  Perhaps there's a new plan with more data that is suitable.  Take a look at what's offered to you on the subscription tab in your online account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.