cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reimbursement of funds after renewal

lebk24401
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I changed my plan the day before it would renew to a cheaper plan. However, this seems to have been ignored and  I was charged the cost of my old plan and then received the difference as funds. It's like the change was acknowledged but only after it renewed.  I checked in the payment history and it indicates that the plan change was done about an hour AFTER the renewal which is not true! Before changing my plan, I made absolutely sure my plan had not been renewed yet. 

I am changing providers and want this money returned to me. I do not want to use it with Public Mobile.  

Please help me resolve this issue, thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

lebk24401
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the reply. I specifically remember doing the renewal on June 12th mid-day when the renewal day was June 13th. So plenty of time before the renewal was processed. However, it looks like Public Mobile was slow at acknowledging this plan change and only did it many hours later, after the renewal was done. I can see the timings in my account activity, it says 3:12 AM June 13th Plan renewed, then 4:05 AM June 13th plan changed. I was not awake during that time and even if there is a slight difference with time zones, I did the change many hours before on June 12th. This is clearly the fault of a slow system unfortunately. It would have been fine if I would stay with Public Mobile but I am not and therefore want this money back. 

Thank you again for your response I have submitted a ticket. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You got refund difference between old a new plan.

I do not understand what else do you want. Plan was renewed, plan was changed, refund received. Now you have 30 days of new plan. If you port out you will not get any money back, account will closed.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @lebk24401 you sure you request plan change before renewal? PM has a 30 days cycle and not monthly, this caught many people off guard.  And if the plan say end on Jun 25th, it actually meant end on Jun 25 00:00 and not the end of Jun 25, ie,  it will renewal on Jun 25th shortly after midnight

try to check with support agent and ask them to help

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So, at least PM charged you the old plan and not the new one?

I read if you open the case the first day of the plan renewal/plan change, you have a chance to get the correct plan going.  So, open ticket with PM using the Oracle Chatbot icon on the lower right.  You can type Submit ticket and then select Contact Us to get to the ticket open page

Need Help? Let's chat.