cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration

Mrc1960
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

During the registration process I was supposed to receive by text a six digit number to be inputted into the registration menu. I never received the text and was unable to finish registration please help

5 REPLIES 5

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Mrc1960 

6 digit text during activation? Not part of the activation of the new SIM.

Are you referring to the text confirming you are porting your old number to PM?

Are you referring to the 2FA when login to your new account?

Could you clarify?

Although in-store activations are no longer done, Pubilc Mobile customers who activated at a store to manually create the Self Serve account.  This process did require a 6 digit code to be provided to create the Self Serve account. This procedure was in place long before Public Mobile's 2FA process, but is very similar (if not identical).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mrc1960   or are you trying to swap sim card (You got a new sim card to replace your lost/stolen sim card?) ?  I still not certain what you meant by "registration"

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mrc1960 

6 digit text during activation? Not part of the activation of the new SIM.

Are you referring to the text confirming you are porting your old number to PM?

Are you referring to the 2FA when login to your new account?

Could you clarify?

@Mrc1960 wrote:

During the registration process I was supposed to receive by text a six digit number to be inputted into the registration menu. I never received the text and was unable to finish registration please help

There is currently no 6 digit code that needs to be used to register for Self Serve.  Selve Serve accoutnts do need to be manually created if the activation was a done at a store, but that process hasn't been used since the fisrt half of July.

If you're simply speaking fo the 2FA code for logging into Self Serve, there are two options, one being the message being sent by text message, and the other option by e-mail.  Try the other option if this is the situation you're in.

If you did activate at a store, there currently is currenly no way to register yourself for Self Serve unless you contact a customer support agent. You would need to open a ticket using the chatbot.  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mrc1960   So, you have your sim card already activated and the phone is working?

Are you talking about logging into Self serve My Account here: 

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

When did you activate?  did you activate online yourself just now?  

Need Help? Let's chat.