cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding payment

Tarana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am using currently a 25$ package. I have registered for autopay which is 2$ per month. Why do they charge 26.45$ per month? Is it not supposed to be 23$ plus taxes? Can anyone explain it to me?

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Tarana 

Your $25/month does not include GST.

I am assuming you are in Alberta so no PST.

Also if you activate your SIM after January 25/22 then no more $2 credit for AutoPay but the new Points system will give you 5% in points of your monthly payment. Once you have 15 points, you can redeem it for $15 credit of your monthly bill.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Tarana  

I think you joined after Jan 25

You are receiving 5% back in Public Points.  Login to My Rewards site (same login credentials as My Accounts) and you should see you are collecting Points.  Once you collect to 15 points, you can redeem for $15 bill credit.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Tarana  - if you activated after January 25, 2022 then autopay $2 is no longer an option for those accounts

If you activated before that date, and opted into Public Points rewards, same thing, the autopay $2 is no longer an option.

Autopay, is just the convenience and bonus data on applicable plans in the above cases.

edit...$26.45 is $23 plus 15% taxes. So you have $2 off for something.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Tarana   If you opened your account after Jan. 25th/2022 then you don't, unfortunately, get $2 autopay discount anymore as that was grandfathered rewards for existing activations to that date.  You will, however, receive 5% back against any payments/purchases you make.

Your payment includes your tax which is on top of the $25 plan charge.  Having the CC on account gives you the bonus 500MB data too.

Need Help? Let's chat.