cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund for SIM card order

H4ttieF1tz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I ordered a SIM card online and would like the order cancelled and to be refunded please. The order number is 296392

10 REPLIES 10

@softech- Last month I asked at a Wow Mobile booth and they said mid June. So maybe that was just them. The wireless clerk on the phone at my local Walmart said they stopped July 1. So maybe your date is still a thing but if they sold out then why would they.

I hate waiting for mail order myself. So I can imagine people not liking this all online model and going elsewhere and further burying Public into oblivion.

@dust2dust  I was hoping people can still activate in store and take advantage of the free sim before the July 16 (??) deadlines.  I guess some stores already loss the interest in partnering with PM

To have a successful fully online activation model, they have to have an easy way for people to get sim cards.  Free sim card certainly a way, or at least like Lucky, available at every Dollarama for $3

@softech- This has changed. Wow Mobile and Walmart no longer sell sims and/or activate Public. I suspect that's everybody. You might find stock in a few stores but then they don't activate anymore.

I think CCS is up for a substantial increase in sim sales. And of course giant Amazon but wouldn't we rather give our money to a nice little retailer rather than a giant.

Public takes a ridiculously long time to deliver so why bother. Just more false advertising, false expectations of delivery time.

@H4ttieF1tz activate in store.  Many stores will give you the sim for free if you activate there

And wait a bit longer, of you end up not receiving the sim card, you can then ask for a refund 

H4ttieF1tz

Thank you i will try that 

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@H4ttieF1tz yes I don't blame you it is very slow delivery time it says on there websight no refunds but you can try, if you dont have an account here you can send private message to a CS Agent here:  https://bit.ly/2GGCJzH maybe they will help

@H4ttieF1tz    You'd be better off just keeping the SIM as a spare and can use it to refer family or friend in the future, especially during a good promo offer from PM. 

Edit:  BTW, you can get a referral credit of $10 if you use the referral code from a current family/friend at PM or ask for a referral code here if you don't have one yet.

H4ttieF1tz

hello, do you know why? can i have it not be sent to my house and use the credit to get a SIM card at a retailers? i just want to get it sooner instead of waiting for the order to arrive 

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@H4ttieF1tz hi I'm sorry but there are no refunds for sim cards 

Need Help? Let's chat.