cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral code not applied on (my) sign-up

rachel1234
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up with Public Mobile yesterday. In the payment setup page, they had a "do you have a discount code or referral code?" spot where you can key this in. I had seen that there was a referral promo of using someone's code, and they get $10, and you get $10 off your first bill. So I looked around online, found a few expired referral codes, and finally found one that the payment page said was active. So proceeded with moving ahead with payment and signing up. But today I'm looking at my account and my first bill, and there isn't any discount applied. 

Has anyone else experienced this? How do I fix it? And since Public Mobile doesn't have a customer service hotline (non-AI), do I just call the Telus one to get this corrected?

3 REPLIES 3

rachel1234
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Awesome, thanks

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@rachel1234  the referral code is for the other person (referrer) to get 1 point for every 30 days that you stay active. 

You, the referee, get a one-time  $10 bill credit. This credit is usually added within 72 hours of successful sign up.

If the code is incorrect,  you have to submit the request. If you don't know the individual personally,  you might not get the credit as public mobile agents have been asking lately for you to provide the details of the person who referred you. 

You just have to wait and see. All requests to public mobile are made through the chatbot. 

Telus has nothing to do with public mobile's day to day operations. 

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rachel1234 , the discount will not be applied to your first bill. You should see the $10 credit in your account within about 72hrs. If it's still not there after that time you can reach a CS_agent who will make sure it's added to your account. You would click on the little orange circle in the bottom right corner and then type: Customer Support Agent 

Need Help? Let's chat.