cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral award

hopatricksy13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I get a referral award if I activate another SIM card under my name?

23 REPLIES 23

This seems pretty simple to me.... I have two accounts. My first account is tied to my darlicious community account. I originally had 4 referrals($4) + autopay($2)=$6 in rewards and before my first renewal I activated my second account for 5 referrals ($5)+($2)=$7.

Then I downgraded my plan to the $10 50/50 plan since this was no longer my main phone account. A few days later I received my first community reward ($2)+($7)=$9 With $5 in loyalty coming and with no intention of ever letting go of my $10 plan it made no sense to me to continue to refer from my first account. Not long after that I got a mystery referral making my rewards $6+$2+$2=$10 making it free.

Except the very next month my community reward went from $2 to $10! Now is pm going to say thanks for all the helping you do around here but we're going to claw back 80% of your community reward? I don't think so....what if I only had my community reward on this account? Would they clawback $5 because my reward was $15? Of course not! Now I'm down to 3 referrals but up to 2 years of loyalty so it now stands currently with $3(referrals)+$2(autopay)+$2(loyalty)="$7 + my community reward ( June=$15) +$7=$22 - $10=$12 credit in my account.

My main account has the $15 plan. Rarely gets a community reward except when maximum_gato comes to play because darlicious is on sabbatical.....so almost never. But Wednesday I activated a midnight referral bringing me to $12 ( referrals)+$2(autopay)+$2(loyalty doubles next renewal) =$16-$15=$1 credit.

Why anyone would want $110 in rewards going to one account is beyond me when it's nearly impossible to spend that much unless you are using your mobile provider for your home internet. Now I suppose I will have to start using the bf's referral code?!!🤔

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

nice job

enjoyed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : With all the gifts across 3 accounts I haven't bought an add-on for quite some time. I could also upgrade my plan from the $10 one but then I'd lose the grandfathered plan that suits me just fine. (some inconvenience when I run out of texts...oh well) So my balance just keeps inching up.

But sure yeah it could change. But why?:

Referral stays for 3 years on the $15 plan:

The referrer collects a total of $36 for that one customer.

The referred gets $10. But they pay the company $156 for the first year. $144 the second year. $132 leading up to that third year. (Assuming autopay and no other rewards until loyalty which happens automatically.) That's $46 paid out and $432 income....for one new customer staying for 3 years (don't quote me on the exact math). Thanks for all the business there mister referrer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

your right 

but you can use all money for Add-on 

enjoyed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : It's been like this as long as I've been here. And again, think about it. So you are the total keener sold on this place and get everybody you know and then some to sign up using your referral code. The company gets all that revenue from the new customers. If it stopped at your plan cost then it would be a much less motivation to keep getting all those referrals. Then you might see one drop away and maybe bring yourself to gather one more to cover your plan cost. No! I would question the $110 limit too. As many as you can refer is what you should get in reward for bringing in all those customers.

The next problem is what to do with all that balance. It ain't real money. You can't cash it out. (unless you sold the account)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous : Like you, I also have 3 years loyalty = $3. I have a payment card set up for autopay = $2. I have a handful of referrals. I spend way too much time here month after month for what's good for me and the last reward was $10. My plan is $10. My Available Funds keeps increasing.

You and the mods you spoke to are parroting the official company line. But I'll certainly allow that this could all change at any time without notice.

@Anonymous 

ok

but the system issue ,but where they company the allowed to do that .and the give more money and the losing more money and they system will found someday i don't know something not right in here. so sorry 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 

i do contact Moderator_Team, and all information i give to you is a right..
so why you don't believe me !

except that it isn't. I'm not saying that I don't believe you.  I know that what the help articles say and what the moderators will probably say if you ask.   Howver, the the moderators aren't customers and didn't program the billing system.  The limit of 110 referrals on a 30-day plan isn't a guess.

@computergeek541 

i don't know what i will say to you but the system issue ,but where they company the allowed to do that .
for some people the give them what the want and for other the not give it anything wow.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : Like you, I also have 3 years loyalty = $3. I have a payment card set up for autopay = $2. I have a handful of referrals. I spend way too much time here month after month for what's good for me and the last reward was $10. My plan is $10. My Available Funds keeps increasing.

You and the mods you spoke to are parroting the official company line. But I'll certainly allow that this could all change at any time without notice.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 

except that it isn't.  I'm not saying that I don't believe you.  I know that what the help articles say and what the moderators will probably say if you ask.   However, the the moderators aren't customers and didn't program the billing system.  The limit of 110 referrals on a 30-day plan is something that has already been confirmed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 

i do double checked , and i give the right information

visit  Here  for General Reward Rules information

How many Rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Here’s an example of how you could get your plan down to $0:

1. You are on a $45, 30-day plan
  2. You have been with Public Mobile for 5 years
  3. You signed up for AutoPay
  4. You occasionally help others out in the Community
  5. You referred 36 friends to Public Mobile who are still active members

You will earn $5 in Loyalty Rewards + $2 in AutoPay Rewards + $2 Community Rewards + 36 referrals at $1/30 days. That’s $45 in total Rewards, and a sweet $0 plan!

that information from Moderator_Team,

Basically, if your plan is $40, you cannot earn more than $40 altogether in rewards, be it referrals, autopay, loyalty or community rewards.
you won't have any extra credit on the account, no matter what the plan is! If you have for example 36 friends and you also have
$2 loyalty rewards,
$2 autopay
and $1 community reward,
if you have a $25 plan you`ll only get all the $5 for autopay, loya; ty and community rewards and $20 in referral credits,
to cover the plan expenses, and not more any extra credit on the account,

I'm fully aware that it says that.  However, the information in the help articles isn't accurate, and that inaccuracy also isn't a secret. The information that moderator gave is simply based on the same incorrect information.  Ask around and you'll be able to find a bunch of people who can confirm what I'm saying.  As I said before, the limit for refer-a-friend credits for customers on a 30 day plan is $110.  In addition to that, if a customer is on a 30-day plan and has more than 110 referrals, moderators won't manually credit the difference.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous 

I've already double checked.  You were given incorrect information.

@computergeek541 

i do double checked , and i give the right information

visit  Here  for General Reward Rules information

How many Rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Here’s an example of how you could get your plan down to $0:

1. You are on a $45, 30-day plan
  2. You have been with Public Mobile for 5 years
  3. You signed up for AutoPay
  4. You occasionally help others out in the Community
  5. You referred 36 friends to Public Mobile who are still active members

You will earn $5 in Loyalty Rewards + $2 in AutoPay Rewards + $2 Community Rewards + 36 referrals at $1/30 days. That’s $45 in total Rewards, and a sweet $0 plan!

that information from Moderator_Team,

Basically, if your plan is $40, you cannot earn more than $40 altogether in rewards, be it referrals, autopay, loyalty or community rewards.
you won't have any extra credit on the account, no matter what the plan is! If you have for example 36 friends and you also have
$2 loyalty rewards,
$2 autopay
and $1 community reward,
if you have a $25 plan you`ll only get all the $5 for autopay, loya; ty and community rewards and $20 in referral credits,
to cover the plan expenses, and not more any extra credit on the account,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : You and they are going by official documentation. In reality it doesn't work that way. And how could it? If you go crazy referring everybody under the sun then you absolutely should be fully rewarded for the effort. It's even unfortunate that it tops out but there it is. But not from any other limitation.

It's another example of realizing that the mods will respond in their official capacity parroting the company line. But we here usually know better the realities.

And then who knows, maybe this is all subject to change without notice, as the saying goes.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous 

For your example, a customer can receive more than $21 in refer-a-friend rewards.

@computergeek541 

when i do contact customer service by Moderator Team, before,
i have to asking them and the say how much your plan bill is the maximum amount to cover amount there is not over your bill amount you will getting, all rewards any more to bring is not applied
and Moderator Team, the Example to me like that
and you working with them and you can ask them and make sure for it.

I've already double checked.  You were given incorrect information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous 

For your example, a customer can receive more than $21 in refer-a-friend rewards.

@computergeek541 

when i do contact customer service by Moderator Team, before,
i have to asking them and the say how much your plan bill is the maximum amount to cover amount there is not over your bill amount you will getting, all rewards any more to bring is not applied
and Moderator Team, the Example to me like that
and you working with them and you can ask them and make sure for it.

@Meow 

Yes, the maximum amount of refer-a-friend credit with a 30-day plan is $110.

@Anonymous 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow

for Refer A Friend maximum number yes is it
they mean for Example if your plan for $25 you have to bring friend 25 after that number is your refer a friend code you will not earn $1 after the 25 is in your account because your account is full cover.

update Edit Message

@popping 

there is a limit,

Example
maximum number for your plan for $25
and you have earn for
AutoPay -$2
Loyalty Reward -$1
Community Reward -$1
like the total is a -$4 from your plan $25 is there left for $21 you can bring 21 friend
to how much is your plan is that is maximum number to cover it your bill.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow : Some tricky interpretation. Maximum payout. You can have all the referrals you can get.

@popping wrote:

@hopatricksy13 wrote:

Yes as long as you are using the your rereferral code during activation.  There is no limit on how many referral reward you will get.

Correct me if I am wrong, but somebody () once mentioned that maximum number of referrals is 110???

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hopatricksy13 

i have a question for you if you have an account activated with public mobile you have a refer a friend code at your account..

You can find your code in the Overview page of your Self Serve account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hopatricksy13 : Identity is not verified around here so you can use Donald Duck if you like. New SIM, new account, unique email, different number.

Edit: quick edit by popping 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hopatricksy13 

can you Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hopatricksy13 wrote:

Yes as long as you are using the your rereferral code during activation.  There is no limit on how many referral reward you will get.

Please note that you need a new email address to create a new PM account for your second account.  You cannot add another plan to your current PM account.

Need Help? Let's chat.