cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral Code did not apply

Julie8833
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I just signed my sign up with PM and applied my referral code. However, I believe my code did not apply as I did not receive notification of this. In the past, when I refer someone, I am notified immediately upon activation of their account.

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Julie8833 

It certainly sounds like you missed applying the referral code and you didn't get the checked box icon. What about the promo code box? If you activated on a $25+ plan then it qualifies for the use of the promo code 12MONTHS2GB for a bonus 2gb of recurring monthly plan data. You can ask the CSA to add the promo code as well as your referral code.

The Cha-ching text comes at 2pm eastern usually the following day depending on the time of activation and/or application of the referral code. For future reference the confirmation of an accepted promo code or referral code looks like this:

Screenshot_20220621-160631~2.png

*Referral code and promo code portion removed.

Julie8833

Thank you

Yes you need to click to apply it. Then you would get a checkmark indicating it got it and that it was valid.

Make sure when you type it for the support person that the characters are right. ie. ohs and zeros, ells and ones. etc.

Julie8833

Hi, I do not see any of the rewards listed with my son's phone number. Thank you - I will try submitting a ticket under my son's account (he is a minor, so I am doing all of the setting up for him).

Julie8833

Hi,

No, I don't see any of that information. I am afraid that I may have failed to click on the 'apply' or 'add' button after entering my referral code. (or would it automatically apply anyway?) 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Too bad you just missed the recent promo. Do you possibly see some digits of your sons number in your rewards area? Or the additional $1 or point in your rewards? I think the Cha ching could be delayed depending on the time of sign up.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Julie8833 do you see the $1 listed and the 4 digits of your son's phone number in your My Rewards section?

https://telusidentity.telus.com/as/authorization.oauth2?response_type=code&scope=openid&client_id=20...

Your son should show the $10 within 72 hours, if it was applied correctly.

If you do not see your son's number in your My Rewards friend's list, then submit a ticket to CSA under your son's account and confirm your code was used. If something happened and it wasn't applied, they should be able to apply it for you.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Julie8833

Oops! I meant to type 'I just signed my son up'.

Need Help? Let's chat.