cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend after they signed up

HAC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased  SIM card yesterday at a retail outlet to set up an account for my father.  The retailer actually completed the account set up, and I did not get a chance to use my referral code in that process.  Can it be added to the account now? 

I have searched the online community, and I think I need to contact a Moderator.  I have tried numerous times to submit a ticket, but can't login to my account during the submit a ticket process.  I get 'Error Logging In'.  Tried several times from different browsers and on the phone, with the same result.  Obviously, my account works, I can post in the community.

What should my next step be?   Thanks in advance for your help!

17 REPLIES 17

@mpcdesign 

The rollback on prices stop when it comes to pm sim cards where they increase the price by 50% because they dont want to sell you a sim card without activation. What a rip off! Another reason not to recommend  Wal-Mart.

Out west London drugs is still open selling vouchers/sim cards and activating customers.

Phone Kiosks in Atlantic Superstores are open as well.

@iliketotalk, besides London Drugs and Walmart, just a heads up, Walmart sells the SIM cards for $14.93....weird number, to be honest with you. I didn't know they could mark this up in the stores. It is sold out online, but available in the stores!

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 4.23.46 AM.png

@iliketotalk wrote:

@HAC hi may I ask where you signed up, most locations are closed so it would be good to know thanks 

shaker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

walmart locations are open

natashaprocee

You do need to submit a ticket to a Moderator adn ask them to add the code. Just make sure you send the code in the original message, so it's as fast as possible! As for the account log-in issues, have you tried resetting your password? Sometimes that solves the issue. It could also be a temporary glitch on the Public Mobile page.

@Naepalm wrote:

@HAC when you create a ticket you need to use your self serve account not the community account. 

When creating a ticket, the first step is to provide your Community login credentials. This is always required. After that, the self serve creditials will be asked for, but are not always necessary.  If a member does not reemeber or know the self serve details, the system will prompt for the account PIN. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@HAC when you create a ticket you need to use your self serve account not the community account. 

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@HACYes the request to moderators can be sent by ticket or private message.  It's true that this request must be sent from the new account, in this case, your dad's account. And moderators will be able to apply your referral code to your dad's account.

@HAC  If you message then directly they are still going to request your account verification. Just make sure you enter your selfserve credentials when they reply with a verification link.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

FYI Whenever you use self service for Public Mobile.

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@HAC 

Your father will have to contact them and give them your referral code. They will not talk to you about it

He will need both community and selfserve account registered

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

HAC

That would have been good to know!  I kept trying my Community login info, assumed that is what they needed.  Thanks.

I have sent a message to the link provided by Triguy, will see if this gets a response before I try to create a ticket again.

HAC

I am in BC, and London Drugs is still open, still operating all departments.  You can purchase a SIM there, and they will continue with activation if you want.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@HAC  When it asks you to login you need to enter your selfserve account credentials not you community account credentials.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@HAC hi may I ask where you signed up, most locations are closed so it would be good to know thanks 

@HAC  after sending your message as suggested by @Triguy , check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Include your referral code and telephone number . Stay safe. 

Edit Actually your dad would have to send the request, not you. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator for assistance. Moderator can be reached at  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.