cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer-a-Friend points

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

From new points websites, my rewards shows I have a refer a friend $5, but  from This Pay cycle  line was showed include 8 numbers,can someone explain why I only got $5 not $8?thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Skeebap
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i think the cycle ends after 5 cycles

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

It could be somebody just got suspended or cancelled account?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jackhyf63 

Pm had sort of fixed this issue when they corrected referral rewards that were paying out all rewards for everyone you had referred ever...whether they were just suspended, left pm, active and in some cases "ghost referrals" that you would recieve a "Cha-ching" text and a $1 reward would appear in your rewards section of your account but there would be no associated phone number alongside.

Then almost 2 years ago pm fixed the glitch and all of the cancelled accounts referral rewards disappeared and your referral list would display rewards and phone numbers for both active accounts and accounts suspended for non payment. If an account was still suspended on your renewal your referral reward amount applied upon renewal would be $1 less for every account that had not paid and reactivated.

The exception to this rule that carries over into the new rewards account are accounts suspended via lost/stolen. Those accounts once suspended will still have a text sent out to you via 611 warning you that your rewards may be less on next renewal due to a friend's account inactivity. Unlike before when both the reward $ and the phone number would disappear now the phone number remains and only the reward $ disappears. But at least the text still indicates the reason a $ reward is missing from one month to the next.

Check the last 6 months of your transaction history to see $ amount of your referral rewards each month. That should give you a good idea how many of the $3 in rewards not showing are permanently deactivated accounts or are accounts that may have just been suspended for a month or two.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

From new points websites, my rewards shows I have a refer a friend $5, but  from This Pay cycle  line was showed include 8 numbers,can someone explain why I only got $5 not $8?thanks

@Jackhyf63 

And it says the Pay Cycle includes more numbers, correct? So why not pay for each number, right?

Or list the status of every number that is not paying out.

Or make the list of numbers match the reward dollars. Old speak. 

The situation still remains....and the display of numbers and the explanation is pointless to have. 

The only thing that is correct, I hope, is the reward dollars. 

No notification of up coming corrections. IT was poorly done or planned.....is embarrassing. 

You no longer have a justification of your referrals. 

742050F1-83DD-4C74-98F6-2C835833AC21.jpeg

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

@hTideGnow you mean the new system doesn’t delete referral friend who left PM?thanks

It seems that way.  The referrals that don't count might be from dormant accounts, not just deactivated accounts.  

VIP_Tech

Hi @Jackhyf63

the system will be updated for next cycle you will see fine, 

or maybe your friend non-payment, will be suspended
and when them make payment then reactivated.and will automatically you see the rewards in account.

Jackhyf63

@hTideGnow you mean the new system doesn’t delete referral friend who left PM?thanks

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Jackhyf63   Yes, this could happen

It is possible you have referred 8 friends, but 3 of them either have account suspended or left PM.  The new system is not very smart, they shows everyone you have referred.

Need Help? Let's chat.