Did you mean: 

Refer-a-Friend Reward

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated on June 8, 2018

The Refer a Friend Reward

How does it work?

It’s simple: you will earn $1 every 30 days for each friend you refer to Public Mobile who enters your phone number in the Referral box during activation. Plus, your friend will receive a one-time credit of $10. You’ll continue to earn Rewards on plan renewal dates as long as your friends remain active customers. If you’re on a 90-day plan, this means you’ll earn $3 every 90 days for each friend.

How do I refer a friend?

When your friend is activating their SIM card, they will need to enter your 10-digit Public Mobile phone number. If your friend forgets to enter your number, we can’t manually apply the credit to your account, so make sure they do it right the first time! Below is what the referral field looks like:

Fig4.png

Who Can Earn Rewards?

To be eligible to earn Rewards, you must have:

1. A Rewards-eligible plan:

• All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015, with the exception of 10-day plans, are eligible for Rewards. Plans offered between May 9, 2014 and January 26, 2015 are not eligible.

2. An active account:

• Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status. For example: if you earn Rewards and immediately go into a suspended state because of a late payment, you will not be able to use your Rewards until you have made that payment.
  • Your Community account must use the same email address as your Self-Serve account in order to receive Community Rewards. 

Considerations for Rewards-ineligible Customers

Customers who are on a Legacy / Pioneer or 10-day plan not eligible for Rewards. If you are a Legacy / Pioneer customer and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, please note:

• Rewards will not be applied retroactively: Rewards will only be earned from the date you switched to an eligible plan.
  • Your tenure began when you first activated with Public Mobile. For instance, if you joined 3 years ago on a Legacy plan, and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, your Loyalty Reward will begin at $3 per 30 days.
  • Referral Rewards are not retroactive. Only referrals made after switching to a Rewards-eligible plan will be counted.

How many Rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Here’s an example of how you could get your plan down to $0:

1. You are on a $45, 30-day plan
  2. You have been with Public Mobile for 5 years
  3. You signed up for AutoPay
  4. You occasionally help others out in the Community
  5. You referred 36 friends to Public Mobile who are still active members

You will earn $5 in Loyalty Rewards + $2 in AutoPay Rewards + $2 Community Rewards + 36 referrals at $1/30 days. That’s $45 in total Rewards, and a sweet $0 plan!

When are Rewards applied to my account?

Here are some things you should keep in mind about our Rewards program:

• All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.
  • There are exceptions to the above statement:
    • Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. If your payment due date is during the review period, your Rewards will be applied on your next payment due date.
    • If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.
    • If you set up AutoPay at activation, your first AutoPay reward will be automatically credited to your Self-Serve account after activation. After that, you will receive an AutoPay reward at each renewal date before payment is processed.
  • Based on the Rewards you have earned in your previous plan cycle, up to four different credits (one per Reward type) will be applied to your account the night of your payment due date.
  • If your account is deactivated and you have unused Rewards on it, those Rewards will be lost.

How do I know when I've earned Rewards?

Whenever a reward has been successfully applied to your account, we will send you a text message to let you know. To check the Rewards you’ve earned, log in to Self-Serve and check the ‘My Rewards’ section in the Overview Tab. You can also select the ‘My Rewards’ button and see all the Rewards you’ve earned since joining Public Mobile.

Below is an example of what you would see from the Overview tab, for a customer who has been with Public less than 1 year, and has no referrals:

Fig2.png

Below is an example of what the ‘My Rewards’ section looks like, for the same account:

Fig3.png

Other Reward Rules

• Public Mobile reserves the right to change all Rewards at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
  • The Community Reward offer is subject to the reservation rights of Moderation as described in the Community Terms of Service.
413 REPLIES 413

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@davew2007 wrote:

Hi

I seem to have not set up the person that referred you to me or i did something wrong when i did the online setup of my phone.  How can I add the phone number of the person that referred me to your service now?

Can you let me know please?

Thanks

Dave 

The only way to have it applied retroactively is to send a message to Moderator_Team and ask very nicely - make sure you include your account info (account #, phone number, name, PIN) and your referrer's phone number in your initial message to speed up the process (but keep in mind that you may still be waiting a day or two or three for a mod to respond).

UFO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi Dave,

You should see this screenshot when you setup your account:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Refer-a-Friend-Reward/td-p/411

you then type the phone # of whoever referred you there.

davew2007
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I seem to have not set up the person that referred you to me or i did something wrong when i did the online setup of my phone.  How can I add the phone number of the person that referred me to your service now?

Can you let me know please?

Thanks

Dave 

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@charnordie

If you didnt recieve it chances are they signed up instore...and not online as was required..

charnordie

What about the $25 promotion that they were running. I had a friend sign up during that time but I haven't received the $25 credit on my account. She signed up well before my bill was due, and it's been paid and still no credit. What's going on?

UFO

I think the max you can earn is $75 in your situation 🙂 

U get referred by someone first - $25

U then refer your wife - $25, and wife also gets $25 as a result

Hope this helps.

(i sent the above msg out like at 3pm. Not sure y it disappeared after 3 hrs...so if you get this msg twice, im sorry about that) 

@scooter20, one account needs to be activated first.  Private message me, and I will be your referral.  Then you refer your wife.

scooter20

I have ordered 2 sims, one for me and one for my wife. When they arrive can I use one number to refer the other and vice versa when activating them to get $50 credit on each one?

@UFO, this has changed sometime in 2018, a missed friend referral can now be completed by the Moderator_Team when the referral is not processed by the instore rep at activation.

The $256/$25 offer, however, is not available on an in-store activation, so it will the $10 normal referral and $1/30-day of ongoing activation.

UFO

Hi there,

In my situation, it was PM's fault that my mom's # got deactivated and hence lost my $1/month referral credit.  So they went to send a ticket to Telus to have it fixed.

Now your situation is slightly different...it was the rep's fault, not PM's fault.  So i am not sure if PM will actually go send a ticket to Telus to have it fixed.  Because the general rule is that if a # didn't get entered during activation, PM will not go back and fix it.  They are quite clear about that.  It sucks but this is usually the rule for them, but deep down I feel that they can actually fix it but not sure if they will make an exception for you.

As for the other comment, i referred 4 people and they are all family members - so i know exactly when they got the credit.  4 outta 4 times the referral credits show up the next business day (in the morning too).  So if you still haven't seen your credit, i think you are right that the rep didn't add it during the activiation process.

Either way, i suggest you email the mod and give it a shot.  It doesn't hurt, but i wouldn't have your hope up.....

Good luck nonetheless!!!

cappaj

@ddochi11 wrote:

I activated in-store and gave them the referer's phone number, but I don't think he added it while activating.

Is there a way to add the referral afterwards?

To be sure, I'd wait for 72 hours first. If you still don't see the referral reward added to your account, then send a private message to Moderator_Team and ask very nicely (give them your account details as well as the phone number of your referrer).

ddochi11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated in-store and gave them the referer's phone number, but I don't think he added it while activating.

Is there a way to add the referral afterwards?

UFO

I think it is because of the PM glitch. See the post below - it seems like you are having a similar situation.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Refer-A-Friend-reward-got-removed-due-to-a-PM...

SV9

Hello,

I have a monthly plan and I have received refer-a-friend award during the first month when I refered my roommate. But now it says I will no longer receive it because the friend i referred is not active! But I know well enough the connection is active because that is what my roommate is using right now! Why does this happen?

viveksingh905

it took my friend 2 days when he switched back to public mobile from freedom mobile in Edmonton

@TonyI wrote:

My wife's account shows 3 seperate numbers under the Refer-a-Friend section, however the discount amount is only showing $1. How would I find out which of the three #s is generating the actual discount, and why the other two aren't?

Here is a probable explanation: 2 of the numbers are currently in inactive status; therefore the numbers are showing since they have been refered, but they are not giving a reward since account aren't active. If these account go back in active state before expiring (which is, being inactive for 90 days), then the reward would show again. If the accounts aren't renewd and they expire, the numbers displayed should then disapear.

If you know that all 3 lines are active (just call the number to check it out), then you do need to contact the mods 😉

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You’ll definitely need to talk to @CS_Agent about this issue. Send them a private message with all the pertinent information. Should be an easy fix 🙂

TonyI

My wife's account shows 3 seperate numbers under the Refer-a-Friend section, however the discount amount is only showing $1. How would I find out which of the three #s is generating the actual discount, and why the other two aren't?

Bailey12

It took my friend almost 48 hours before they saw their $10 credit. I think it just takes a little time and you don’t see it right away. 

cappaj

@Yunus wrote:

Hi, 

I referred a friend and received the $1 referral reward. However, my friend didn't receive the one-time $10 reward. Why not? 

Thanks 

It can take up to 72 hours for a promo credit to appear. Usually, your friend would've found it in their account balance the morning after signing up, but I know some people who signed up this past weekend have said it took an extra day (i.e., two mornings later) for the credit to show in their Account Balance.

Yunus

Hi, 

I referred a friend and received the $1 referral reward. However, my friend didn't receive the one-time $10 reward. Why not? 

Thanks 

boywithnoname

Thanks for that little tidbit of info on how to find the Total Rewards Earned breakdown. That was super helpful Smiley Happy

@pku wrote:

Can someone still accumulate more refer-a-friend #'s if the number already exceeds the plan?

Lets say I'm on the $10 plan, can I continue to refer more people and go up to 11, 12, 13, etc?

I understand the max I get is $10 in credits but just wanted to know If I could still refer people or not, would be a nice way to change my plan in the future if I had enough referrals too.

I would think you could yes because then it you went to a more expensive plan you would need those extra referrals

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

pku

Can someone still accumulate more refer-a-friend #'s if the number already exceeds the plan?

Lets say I'm on the $10 plan, can I continue to refer more people and go up to 11, 12, 13, etc?

I understand the max I get is $10 in credits but just wanted to know If I could still refer people or not, would be a nice way to change my plan in the future if I had enough referrals too.

Pottertons

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @teararmstrong, in order to refer a friend, your friend needs to enter your Public Mobile phone number in the referer's phone number field when they sign up for Public Mobile.  Same applies if they sign up on-line (themselves), or if they sign up at a retailer (Walmart, London Drugs, Wow Mobile).  -->  They enter your number.

Perfect. I'm glad I searched first. This response just answered the question I had, on whether the referral works in-store, as well as online. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @teararmstrong, in order to refer a friend, your friend needs to enter your Public Mobile phone number in the referer's phone number field when they sign up for Public Mobile.  Same applies if they sign up on-line (themselves), or if they sign up at a retailer (Walmart, London Drugs, Wow Mobile).  -->  They enter your number.

teararmstrong

how do I refer a friend I got a friend but where do I post or put in the info 

@Pures wrote:

Trying to get a referral added to my account. Can anyone spare a hook up?

Are you looking for a number to use to get a referral for your new line?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Pures

Trying to get a referral added to my account. Can anyone spare a hook up?

Need Help? Let's chat.