cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reception

Lester2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Do Bell  limit the bandwidth of Telus who in turn limit Public Mobile? I am having cell phone issues(loosing reception) in locations I had no issues with Telus or Koodo.+ 

7 REPLIES 7

@sheytoon     I remember you mentioned that before about no priority with the different brands.  Thanks for confirming!! 

@computergeek541 is correct. There's no priority between the different tiers of service. A Telus subscriber has the exact same priority as Bell, Koodo, Virgin, PM, or Lucky.

@og2 wrote:

@softech Of course they give the Bell family privileges... Same thing Telus does...

for Telus towers it goes Telus, Bell, Koodo, Virgin, PM, Lucky, etc. If the tower is oversaturated (peak hours) we will simply be kicked off that particular tower and connect to a further/less congested tower.

I'm almost certain that this isn't right.  While customers can be bumped from one cell site to another do to network congestion, I would say that doesn't happen based on the brand that you're subscribed to.  I believe that @sheytoon has inside industry knowledge about this.

og2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@softech Of course they give the Bell family privileges... Same thing Telus does...

for Telus towers it goes Telus, Bell, Koodo, Virgin, PM, Lucky, etc. If the tower is oversaturated (peak hours) we will simply be kicked off that particular tower and connect to a further/less congested tower.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lester2 generally speaking no.  Bell does not give 2nd  class service to Tekus.  For Telus,  it only limit PM with the LTE speed and other than that, no network priority for Telus  or Koodo.

do you only have voice call issue or data as well?

Can you try your PM sim on another phone?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lester2 wrote:

Do Bell  limit the bandwidth of Telus who in turn limit Public Mobile? I am having cell phone issues(loosing reception) in locations I had no issues with Telus or Koodo.+ 

@Lester2 

Hello - where abouts are you located?

Is it in these areas, by any chance: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Text-From-PM-About-Changes-To-Mani...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lester2 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and you can try to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

*and can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Need Help? Let's chat.