cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out

Demas11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I keep getting locked out after 2 attempts ..... I have cleared cache and cookies to no avail .... I have even tried a different browser ... this is getting to be a real problem and a person should not have to "renew" his/her password on every attempt to access the site.

11 REPLIES 11

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Demas11 

I've always found it odd how we can't change our own email address for our phone service.  Alas, that means that you need to reach out to a CS Agent like everybody is saying.

Congratulations on running a successful site for 30+ years!  That's very impressive.  I'm not sure if you've considered handing it off (selling the site) but that could always be another option.  I'm curious what the website is (assuming it's family friendly to mention).  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Demas11 wrote:

Hi ...

Thanks for the quick reply .... I have tried Tor and installed Chrome .... but sad to say, neither worked.  All I wanted to do was change my email contact as my existing email expires Feb 18, 2022, as I am shutting down my Website of 30 years+.

Demas

@Demas11 

for change you email you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

@Demas11 wrote:

my existing email expires Feb 18, 2022, as I am shutting down my Website of 30 years+.

retiring and going to enjoy life?

Yes, for changing the email address used on My Account, please open a ticket with PM and they will take care of this.

Once you changed the email address on My Account, remember to change the email here (Community).  The email on  Community logon must match My Account so PM can link the Community Reward for you.

@Demas11 wrote:

All I wanted to do was change my email contact as my existing email expires Feb 18, 2022, as I am shutting down my Website of 30 years+.

You cannot change email through self-service. Please contact MODs to assist you:

- Use the ticketing system for a faster response time (preferred method as Ticket is assigned and easy to follow up with MODs). Click here and type ticket, then select account-specific question, then select you need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket or,

- Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

What is the reason of shutting your web site after 30+ years? Retirement?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Demas11 wrote:

Hi ...

Thanks for the quick reply .... I have tried Tor and installed Chrome .... but sad to say, neither worked.  All I wanted to do was change my email contact as my existing email expires Feb 18, 2022, as I am shutting down my Website of 30 years+.

Demas

To change the email linked to your account, you'll need to contact Customer Service.

Private Messages - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Demas11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi ...

Demas

yes, if it happened to you many time before, I think you should  try clear cache as well.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Demas11 

Your post reads like this has happened multiple times before.  Your problem is common where you get "locked out" for an hour, etc.  Do you have any ad blockers/etc on your browsers or antivirus?  Sometimes these can interfere with site access.  Most often, a different browser in Private/Incognito mode helps other users.

You can also try using a different device to access your account to see if that has any luck.  Otherwise, if you have to change your password, you can do so once and perhaps open a ticket with a CS Agent to see if there's something wrong with your account overall.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Demas11 

i suggest you can try it for a different Browser and incognito mode,

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

how to clear cache and cookies in microsoft edge browser visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

for microsoft edge how to update your browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Demas11   You account likely temporary locked for an hour,  wait an hour first.  

After the hour, try one attempt first.  If you are still unable to login, use the Forgot password link to reset password

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Demas11 

Wait 1 hour to try again. Try using chrome in incognito.

Need Help? Let's chat.