cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving LTE and Calls on Galaxy S6

stqcb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just switched over from Wind using a Samsung Galaxy S6. I was having a bit of a problem earlier but seem to have found the solution. I just wanted to outline what I did here to get some opinions from members more knowledgable on phones and network settings to see if what I did is correct.

After activating my SIM I went ahead and entered the APN info I got from this forum.

APN Settings:

Name: Mobile Internet

APN: sp.mb.com

Proxy: Not set

Port: Not set

Username: Not set

Password: Not set

Server: Not set

MMSC:

MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18

MMS port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

Authentication type: Not set

APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

APN enable/disable: APN enabled

Bearer: Unspecified

MVNO type: GID

MVNO value: 4D4F

I got data working, but it was only 3g.

I found in a post to enter *#2263# on my phone to change the Band Selection.

I first changed it to LTE_ALL, and LTE worked, but calls don't.

Another member with a Galaxy S4 said they chose Automatic and were able to get LTE+ and make calls, but when I did that calls worked, but it stayed 3g.

I then tried LTE_GSM and calls didn't work.

Finally I chose LTE_WCDMA, so far it seems to work. I'm getting LTE+ and I'm able to make and receive calls.

I'm just wondering if I should now keep it at the current setting, or is there something else that I should be doing?

6 REPLIES 6

stqcb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Thanks for the responses guys.

@Luddite Yeah, I entered that as well. Like what @imm1304 said, for some reason that link got left out when I copy and pasted the info.

@vbobo Yes, you enter it into the dialer. Once you enter the last # it automatically goes to the menu, no need to press call.

vbobo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@stqcb so you went into phone, dialer and typed: *#2263#? Then press call or am I suppose to type that in a different section?

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite, the APN's are most likely fine.  The hyperlink somehow gets left out when copy-pasting.  I just found out an hour ago in another thread with the same topic.  

@stqcb MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

Here's the reference: Set up APN

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @stqcb!

Here is an explanation:  PM don't have VoLTE yet.  Most of Telus doesnt either.  So, evreythime you connect a call, the phone drops down to 3G/WCDMA for the duration of the call.

So, this is why its best to have the WCDMA/LTE auto mode.  

In LTE only mode, your phone will look for the 3G connection to make the call and the call will fail.  

There is no GSM/2G network for Telus/PM.  

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If everything is working fine (LTE/data, incoming/outgoing calls/texts) just leave it for now.

Need Help? Let's chat.