cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE on zenfone 2

tqlam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just activated and everything works good, but I don't have LTE under preferred network type. I only see 2, 3 & 4g. I followed the son setting from knowledge page. I had LTE on the phone with other provider.
Most of the I see 4G beside the signal bar.

7 REPLIES 7

tqlam

I just activated another SIM to use on iphone 5 & 6, both shows LTE.  Speed tests on iphones and zenfone2 are similar.  So, we're happy with the PM (Telus) network, and it's 7 times faster than the Wind.

galadriel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i have a zenfone2, it is indeed 4G.

my brother has an iphone on PM and it is listed as LTE

speeds are good, doesnt bother me

@tqlam wrote:

I got ~30 Mbps DL and ~5 Mbps UL.

Thanks for all your information.

You were definitely using LTE during that test.  While DC-HSPA+ (3g) has theoretical maximum of about 42 Mbps download speeds, you'll never achieve anywhere even close to that in the real word. 

tqlam

I got ~30 Mbps DL and ~5 Mbps UL.

Thanks for all your information.

I'm willing to wager that "4g" beside your signal meter is indicating LTE.

I say that because as you said, under the network preferences, it lets you select 2g, 3g, and 4g. 

HSPA+ is sometimes refered to as "4g" by some phone manufactuers and carriers but for marketing reasons, but it's really a 3g technology.  So your "3g" selection in your phone's menu is HSPA, meaning that in all liklihood, 4g is in fact, LTE.

Some phones will show 3g, 4g, H, or H+ for 3g type networks. Some of them will even show those indicators differently depending on which carrier's sim card you insert.

Other phones will show either 4g or LTE for LTE type network.

What type of speeds are you getting?

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

taken from your phone specs:

• Network Standard
    Data Rate:
    HSPA+: UL 5.76 / DL 42 Mbps
    DC-HSPA+: UL 5.76 / DL 42 Mbps
    LTE Cat4:UL 50 / DL 150 Mbps
    2G :
    EDGE/GPRS/GSM :
    850MHz/900MHz/1800MHz/1900MHz
    3G :
    UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA :
    850MHz/900MHz/1700MHz/1900MHz/2100MHz
    4G :
    LTE bands:
    2100MHz(1)/1900MHz(2)/1800MHz(3)/1700MHz AWS(4)/850MHz(5)/2600MHz(7)/900MHz(8)/700MHz(17)/800MHz(20)

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

4G is actually LTE ..4G refers to the standard term used and LTE to the frequency used by this standard ( at least thats what the internet tells me ) .....run a speed test ... with 2-3 bars or more on 4G / LTE you should be seeing at least 15-20mb/s download.....your phone might switches in a little while to display LTE

Need Help? Let's chat.