cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactive w/in 90days but wanted cheaper plan

sharri06
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

summary: I want to keep my number, get a refund and/or change my plan to a cheaper one. 

I have been out of Canada for an extended period of time. I orginally had a ~$53/month plan that was perfect for me. Now that I am not in Canada and wont be for another 3 months I would like to make a payment to keep my phone number for when I return. I was hoping to pay for a cheaper plan($10/month) until I returned. However, I tried to change my plan within the 90-day period, but it would not let me. It forced me to pay for my orginal ~$53/month plan. 

What are my options?

Alternatively, since I already paid $53 for 30-days should I just wait out another 90-days so I can keep my orginal plan. Does that mean I only have to pay the $53 once?

Since I paid the $53 does that mean that the plan will run from June 4th-July 4th and then a new 90-day period begins (so i would have to make another payment by Oct 4th to keep number?) Because if this is a case I will just leave it the way it is if my $53 will secure my number until I return home. 

I hope this wasn't too confusing. Please let me know what are some good options?

4 REPLIES 4

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@sharri06 You have said: "Since I paid the $53 does that mean that the plan will run from June 4th-July 4th and then a new 90-day period begins (so i would have to make another payment by Oct 4th to keep number?) Because if this is a case I will just leave it the way it is if my $53 will secure my number until I return home.". >> this is correct.

Yes, you could have changed to the $10 plan and paid it once every 89 days (1 day spare to be safe). The complication is the first one if your plan has already expired. In that situation make a one time payment for $10, then click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and request to activate the $10 plan. Be sure autopay is OFF otherwise you will pay $10 evey 30 days.

More details on vacations here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M....

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lg85 makes a good point if you won't be in Canada at all just don't make a payment let your account go into suspension then you don't pay anything to hold number. Just ensure you make a payment before 90 days of suspension or you loose your number 

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @sharri06

If you want to keep your phone number, please ensure that your plan is not more than 90 days in suspended status. If the plan is still suspended for more than 90 days, you will lose your phone number. 

If you want to change your plan to a cheaper one, it would be best to contact a moderator via private message to assist you with that.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There are 3 options to change your plan.

1. In self serve account change your plan immediately. (I don't recommend this because you forfeit what you've already paid for)

2. In self serve account choose to change plan at renewal. This way once your current plan runs out the new one will kick in.

3. Contact mods and explain your situation and see what they will do

Need Help? Let's chat.