cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivated plan, changed plan, charged twice

Madoc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed cc numbers forgot to update it.

No big deal, reactivated it. Was looking for an offer I got in txt msg, same price I pay now for 3x the data awsome. 

So changed plan effective now.

It charged me twice. 

Don't need refund, account credit is fine

3 REPLIES 3

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Madoc 

It's not obvious when you are reactivating how to change your plan without reactivating your current plan in the new self serve accounts. Explain to customer support that your intention was to change to the $40/15gb plan but by adding the funds first it didn't give you the option. In future when you want to change plans when suspended you must choose the new plan and pick change plan now (immediately) and it will then take you to the payment page to pay for the new plan. If a customer cannot verify thru email when suspended with 2FA enabled they are forced to pay and reactivate via 611. In these cases they should contact customer support immediately after reactivation and request a plan change due to the inability to access self serve before reactivation.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Madoc 

It is normal that any overcharge will remain as credit in your account.

You can confirm after your renewal date in your account.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Madoc 

If you changed plans you should have picked change on next renewal date instead of immediately. You would not have gotten any credit for an immediate plan change.

All you can do is talk to an agent to see what they can do. No guarantees.

You can try contacting an agent.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.