cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: sim card activation

sdavinci
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought two sim cards in December, I have activated one right away and it worked. When I tried to activate the second one this week (end of June) it says sim card not valid.

5 REPLIES 5

@hairbag1 

Using the same e-mail address as another account would not cause an invalid sim card message on the activation website. Entering the sim card number is the first step and that number's validy is checked immediately.

@sdavinci 

If you have no success on your second attempt (after waiting one hour) contact the moderators to have them check your sim card to see if it's been previously used or possibly defective. Any chance you bought them from Wal-Mart?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@sdavinci wrote:

I bought two sim cards in December, I have activated one right away and it worked. When I tried to activate the second one this week (end of June) it says sim card not valid.

Make sure the second sim is activated using a different email address than the first sim. You can use the same credit card though.

@sdavinci 

This means either the sim card number was used before (possibly even by someone else by mistake), the wrong number was entered, or that an activation was recently started with that sim card number.

Wait 50 minutes and then try again. If it still doewn't work, you'll need to replace that sim card.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@sdavinci use your browser in incognito or private mode. and try again in about an hour. 

if you're still having issues contact moderators here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

Need Help? Let's chat.