cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iPhone Update and APN settings

smilley0688
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am new to Public Mobile.  I tried to set up my iPhone 6, but my setting options are not the same as you have shown in the screen shot.  I see Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.  Is that what I want??

Also, I can send text messages, and I can send photos by iMessage, but I can no longer send photos by regular text/picture message.  Is that a setting that I must change as well?

Thanks for your help!!

17 REPLIES 17

Great, thanks.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I always recommend updating to the latest software, at least for all the security patches. Glad everything worked out.

bowsandbrowns

I need to update my data settings on a iphone 4 anyone out there able to walk me through this, also were do I find my APN 

thanks morgan

@bowsandbrowns @That’s what I found...

If you go into Settings -> General, and then you don't see a Profiles option, then you don't have any Profiles installed, which can define things like APN, VPN, etc.  If you do have one, then deleting it will ensure it isn't over-riding the required settings for data to work.

Furthermore, to troubleshoot your aunt's iPhone, I would check Settings-> General -> About, and see what is under "Carrier".  As of this writing it should be Public Mobile 32.0.  If not, then this is probably the problem.  You can update it by ensuring the iPhone is connected to and authenticated on a WiFi network, and then going into Settings -> General -Software Update to download the carrier settings.

bowsandbrowns

Tried your suggestion but cant seem to get the old  carrier out of there

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Was this old carrier Freedom Mobile?

bowsandbrowns

telus

@bowsandbrowns wrote:

I need to update my data settings on a iphone 4 anyone out there able to walk me through this, also were do I find my APN 

thanks morgan

@bowsandbrowns 

Have a look at @CalgaryBen 's excellent information here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323131#M2456