Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

savoiefaire
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So my bill is going up?

18 REPLIES 18

@PJNadler You have 3 referrals, so you'll get 3 points per month for referrals.

PJNadler
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do the referral points work? 3 per month or year?

@PJNadler wrote:

Does autopay continue? Do I have to do anything? Will referral rewards continue and therefore my billed amount continue to be discounted by $ 3.00?

After the switch to points, there will be no advantage to having autopay enabled, other than of a convenience factor.   While each active referral is worth 1 point, points do not automatically provide any discount. The points need to be manually redeemed in 15 point increments in return for the discounts.

PJNadler

Yes, and for less service. CS reponse time is terrible and sometimes incoherent. I asked about the changes and got this reply:

PJNadler_0-1712774624766.png

Does autopay continue? Do I have to do anything? Will referral rewards continue and therefore my billed amount continue to be discounted by $ 3.00?

Thanks

The $2 auto pay will be replaced with 5% of your net spend.

The $5 loyalty ($60/year) will be replaced with $10/year ($50 loss).

The $3 for referrals will still be worth $3 going forward.

So you're losing $7 and gaining whatever 5% of your net spend is. On a $34 plan this would be $1.70.

PJNadler

Here's my current rewards. Looks like I'll lose all of them next cycle:

PJNadler_0-1712681974207.png

@PJNadler We're definitely coming out behind. That said, it shouldn't be $10. You must have referrals in there if you get $10 off per month? Referral points are still worth $1 each; the only difference is you have to accumulate 15 points before you can redeem for a bill credit.

You'll lose $2 auto-pay. And loyalty credits of $1/month per year of loyalty (max $5/month) will be replaced with 10 points once per year.

And then you'll start earning 5% in points on your net spend.

PJNadler

It looks like we will lose all of our reward discounts in the next billing cycle. I looked and in my case my bill will increase by $10.00 plus tax!!

jtos14mb14

I'm really disappointed with this change.

@eyes Nope. It's 10 points per year, not cumulative. So in year 3 you'd still only get 10 points. It's quite a drop in value from the legacy system.

@eyes 

Nope, there will be nothing for AutoPay but you will get 10 points for each year with PM on your anniversary date.

jimbobs2023

Yes, this is effectively a price increase.

For example, those on a $15 plan got a $2 credit for Autopay and paid $13 a month.  Now they will pay $15 for the same plan which is effectively a 15% price increase.

hi @eyes but you threaten to leave for so long, you were upset at the Community issue with your multiple accounts 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Points are worth the same, but you'll earn less once the change happens. Also you'll have to manually redeem points once you have at least 15 ($15) vs automatic credits every month.

The $2 auto pay discount will go away. $1/month per year of loyalty (to max $5/month after 5 years) will be replaced with 10 points once per year.

Referral credits will earn at the same rate of 1 points per active referral per month.

You'll gain 5% in points on your net spend.

Overall it's a drop in value.

@savoiefaire 

The monthly plan will remain the same but you will not get the $2/month or your rewards credits off you bill.

Just have to collect 15 points to to get $15 credit off your bill. It will just take longer to collect your points like all the grocery, coffee or fast food points system.

Good thing is that PM is the only carrier offering some sort of system to get credit of the bill.

@savoiefaire   Yes, unfortunately!

edit:  your bill will increase from $4-7/cycle depending on when your activated your account before the introduction of new points system.

savoiefaire
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So this means my monthly bill goes up?  And then I have to redeem points to get the $ savings?  And the points we earn are worth less than the old Rewards program credits?  Am I understanding this correctly? 

@savoiefaire wrote:

So my bill is going up?

For customers on the old rewards system, the amount of rewards/equivalent points value received will be reduced in most cases.

Need Help? Let's chat.