cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: US roaming ad on

Aynat77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

I am travelling to the U.S. tomorrow and wanted to add U.S. talk text and data.  I am currently a PM customer, do I still need to buy a travel sim card or can I add it to my existing sim?  Sorry was a bit confused is the travel sim card for non PM customers? 

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@joko I don't know the answer if there is any overall consecutive limit such as the 3 month limit you mentioned at Freedom.  To the best of my recollection, I don't recall anyone here on the community attempting to do purchase the 10 day add-ons over and over for ~4 months in total.  I'm going to tag the @CS_Agent in hopes that they can respond here with a definitive answer to the question.

However, even if it's possible to keep buying the add-on over and over for 4 months, please note that it will be a bit of a hassle.  The US add-ons can't be "stacked", so essentially you would literally have to sign in every 10 days to re-purchase.  Just so you're aware.  Basically this because the add-ons start as soon as purchased--you can't pre-purchase and schedule them to start on a certain date or time.  If that were possible, you could just pre-purchase a month at a time or even the full 4 months, but it's not possible currently.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can get unlimited talk and text for 20 bucks US, and you can have it for longer than 3 months. But as you mentioned she won't have the benefit of keeping her own Canadian number. 

GC 

joko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yes I dont think so though, she really would be interested in talk only

currently:

20 USD gets you calls to US and Canada and limited,...that is approx 26/month CAD

approx $8 X 3 gets you at $24 Canadian but you get to keep your own #.

Freedom has a limit of 3 months in the US before they pull the plug on snowbirds,..so this doesnt work for someone who spends more time in the US

hence why I ask the limitations,..it would work in our scenario ONLY if there are no duration limits

still unclear

thanks for your help

GreatCanadian

I don't think there's a limit but it would be MUCH MUCH cheaper to buy a US sim and plan. 

GC 

joko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI,

Maybe you could help?

my mother spends 4 months in the US every yr,....how long can the phone in use be in the US.. with purchasing every 10 days?  Is there a monthly limit?

thank you

GreatCanadian

Also, remember that the plan is activated when you purchase it, and is good for 10 days. So if your trip is 10 days or longer, don't purchase it today. Wait until you are ready to leave tomorrow.

GC

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aynat77, Just be sure to do the 2 step process of buying a US add-on.  First - Add the funds, then go back and actually buy the add-on.  See this excellent guide by member @srlawren.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Aynat77

You don't need a sim card, just the add-on. Make sure to read this thanks to @srlawren its a 2 step process and this will guide you to properly get the add-on

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/td-p/198974

Aynat77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you!!

meocon

@Aynat77 You don’t need to buy extra sim card, you can use your current sim. You just need to purchase US add-ons. Here is a link for more information about add-on just in case you need it https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/knowledge_base/article-id...

Need Help? Let's chat.