cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

Jared575
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Lies and a total scam.  Ported my number out and imemdiskty messaged CS to get a new number assigned to my account. Instead of helpful employees or even basic customer service I get a 2 line “you cancelled it’s gone too bad” from supposedly paid CUSTOMER SERVICE employees of PM. But reading the measssges coming from the “community” members here and their aggressive, dismissive, rude, and unendingly sarcastic comments to paying customers and others alike it’s no wonder the actual exploiters are so flippant and in total disregard for PM’s on terms of service. After years of paid service to receive such highly dismissive responses from employees who are clearly in violation of their own companies code it’s no wonder I still get a “who’s that?” When I say I’m with PM. This post is another prime example of explanations devoid of truly helpful information or that conveniently leaves out what supposedly happens to accounts where numbers are ported out. Utter ridiculousness to read page after page of community members and paid employees yell, belittle, and openly mock customers (and potential customers) in a public forum (poorly named “community”) for asking questions and needing help to navigate websites built by elementary school kids in 1997. 

Public mobile is in violation of their own terms of service noted here: No where in it does it say accounts are “canceled” for porting out and clearly states in paragraph three subpoint five: Prepaid service credits are non-refundable. After NINTEY days with no active rate plan, your account will be automatically “deactivated”. (Here they also define in-active and deactivated)

Since as the (employee?) has clearly stated it’s been “cancelled” after only 1 (their second messaged to me states) day PM is in direct Violation of said above term  as well as stating in paragraph four that PM can only change said TOS’s with 30 days written notice therefore this TOS is this TOS IS IN FORCE.

Section 9 FURTHER states number portability and clarifies wording:  “you have the right to take/port your number to another service/carrier” and only states that if choosing to leave without taking a number with “me” that they number may be re-assigned to another customer. PM FURTHER reminds that it(PM) must provide 30 days written notice to me if it wishes to change or otherwise alter services or components of the service that are assigned to “me” by “you”. No such notice has ever been given and I have made clear that my porting of my number was not for the intention of “cancellation”, suspending, or otherwise “deactivating” said account and as per the TOS (THAT PM WROTE) I have 89 remaining days to “re-activate an inactive plan” aka “suspended account” before the service is considered “deactivated”. With this TOS it would be clear all paid for services and credits granted are therefore available barring end of a paid for billing period being reached, written notice form PM that it’s ending or I abandon my account or numbers for an excess of 90 days. Porting out is NOT identified in the TOS as constituting in-itself a permanent and non-reversible end of service. 

33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jared575 : Good job with all the legal searching. I don't think you have a leg to stand on.

This page from the CRTC explains the effect of the transfer.

Switch Providers and Keep your Number
How does this work?
As soon as your current service provider receives the notice of cancellation from your new provider, they will cancel your services immediately.

Are there ANY providers that don't close the account upon transfer? Seems to be SOP.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jared575    Unfortunately, once you PORT out your number from here, your PM account is automatically deactivated. 

However, there have been customers who have posted (recently) that they were able to get customer support to keep their account active after porting out their previous number and getting a new number assigned but this would require that you discuss this with CSA before transferring out.   Plus it seems to be done on a case by case basis and perhaps is only being permitted if the number is being transferred to either Koodo or Telus, so that the customer is still within the Telus family group of companies.  There may be other considerations at play too.

I don't see CSA being able to facilitate this though after the fact. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jared575 wrote:

Lies and a total scam.  Ported my number out and imemdiskty messaged CS to get a new number assigned to my account.

@Jared575 

Number ported out and account will be closed immediately.  You won't be able to ask for a new number on the old account. 

Question is .. was your number ported to another provider?

Need Help? Let's chat.