cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

Jared575
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Lies and a total scam.  Ported my number out and imemdiskty messaged CS to get a new number assigned to my account. Instead of helpful employees or even basic customer service I get a 2 line “you cancelled it’s gone too bad” from supposedly paid CUSTOMER SERVICE employees of PM. But reading the measssges coming from the “community” members here and their aggressive, dismissive, rude, and unendingly sarcastic comments to paying customers and others alike it’s no wonder the actual exploiters are so flippant and in total disregard for PM’s on terms of service. After years of paid service to receive such highly dismissive responses from employees who are clearly in violation of their own companies code it’s no wonder I still get a “who’s that?” When I say I’m with PM. This post is another prime example of explanations devoid of truly helpful information or that conveniently leaves out what supposedly happens to accounts where numbers are ported out. Utter ridiculousness to read page after page of community members and paid employees yell, belittle, and openly mock customers (and potential customers) in a public forum (poorly named “community”) for asking questions and needing help to navigate websites built by elementary school kids in 1997. 

Public mobile is in violation of their own terms of service noted here: No where in it does it say accounts are “canceled” for porting out and clearly states in paragraph three subpoint five: Prepaid service credits are non-refundable. After NINTEY days with no active rate plan, your account will be automatically “deactivated”. (Here they also define in-active and deactivated)

Since as the (employee?) has clearly stated it’s been “cancelled” after only 1 (their second messaged to me states) day PM is in direct Violation of said above term  as well as stating in paragraph four that PM can only change said TOS’s with 30 days written notice therefore this TOS is this TOS IS IN FORCE.

Section 9 FURTHER states number portability and clarifies wording:  “you have the right to take/port your number to another service/carrier” and only states that if choosing to leave without taking a number with “me” that they number may be re-assigned to another customer. PM FURTHER reminds that it(PM) must provide 30 days written notice to me if it wishes to change or otherwise alter services or components of the service that are assigned to “me” by “you”. No such notice has ever been given and I have made clear that my porting of my number was not for the intention of “cancellation”, suspending, or otherwise “deactivating” said account and as per the TOS (THAT PM WROTE) I have 89 remaining days to “re-activate an inactive plan” aka “suspended account” before the service is considered “deactivated”. With this TOS it would be clear all paid for services and credits granted are therefore available barring end of a paid for billing period being reached, written notice form PM that it’s ending or I abandon my account or numbers for an excess of 90 days. Porting out is NOT identified in the TOS as constituting in-itself a permanent and non-reversible end of service. 

33 REPLIES 33

@softech wrote:

If Jade steps in and give a $50  or 2 months free.. maybe someone will come back.. LoL

Gosh, let's not give Jade any ideas. 

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Jared575 

This is the longest goodbye ever.

obviously very upset but still miss the benefit here..

If Jade steps in and give a $50  or 2 months free.. maybe someone will come back.. LoL

@Jared575 

This is the longest goodbye ever.

Jared575

You’re absolutely correct on that my man. A main reason for the switch to PM was the lack of active customer support so nonkore upgrading, cold calls, crazy bills, saves teams, etc etc. what I didn’t anticipate was that the endless hoops one must jump through to get basic errors fixed.  Boy howdy was it a two day chore to get soemkemtk change an email. But the one that I’ll never get over is how often PM will incessantly text you. They always find a way to annoy you.

butntiure also right about the savings. I went from a 2gb plan spending over $80 and stick

in contracts that were endless. Trapped in a cycle. PM got me out of that but let’s face it. For how much l we hate how huh our prices are to the world now the most barebones lacklustre antiquated **bleep** service is so evenly priced and in many ways overpriced to the mainstream lines that it’s truly not worth it. The pyramid of people you gotta tie into the service to get your discounts and loyalty 🤷‍♂️  But ah yes the free plan… you save over me what? $20 a line a month? $30 perhaps. An hour a day to answer questions. Buck an hour… yup sound about right for the value of some people… guess you were right in the money about a lot of it. Too bad I’m worth more than a buck an hour. I’ll spend the $25 a month and go enjoy my life. I’ve filed my grievance with the crtc and it’s up to them now. I’ve wasted enough of my time on an endlessly pathetic company and tolerated way tk

mcun sun par for literally nothing. I’ll  resume what I do with every hit else. Use it while it’s value is matching it’s cost then move on. Maybe you should try it. Prob save you more than a buck an hour to find a life that’s better than a free rate plan too defend a company that’s owners would prefer to see burn to the ground 😂

@Jared575

I get more than I ever expected from public mobile when I ported over my two numbers a little more than two years ago. I don't need the fastest speeds, huge data buckets and hold your hand telephone agents. What I did need is a reliable network, account management control and cheaper bills. What I didn't expect was a couple of permanently free mobile accounts. So as good as your new providers services may be they can't beat a $0 bill! Public Mobile pays me every month not the other way around.

Jared575

Nah bro I don’t love inanimate objects or faceless corporations. Loyalty dies with the service provided for the service paid. If this is the “solution” PM has to offer then ultisktoyy it’s their loss. I left for better rates, faster speeds, more options and features and better customer care. You should too. Ultimately the only loss here is a company’s policies costing them more customers and the ones they lose around them as well. I switched carriers 2 months ago and road the dual sim wagon long enough to know it was a no brainer to switch and simply attempted to save someone else a plan upgrade but PM would rather lose 6 customers in one shot rather than having a policy that made sense.

It’s actually quite laughable. Having been a former activations and customer care rep for t-mobile and Shaw many moons ago the only thing I can ever think of when I hear the lines “not setup for that” is: your company has zero trust in its employees to be able to stick to services offered. When you have a $5 credit your supervisor $50 pod manager has a $500 bill and site director $2000 credit authority you realize that that alone shows there’s absolutely no faith in the people hired to carry out customer care. Same goes for any and all sorts of credits or “abilities.” These programs have been around for decades and they have not changed a whole

hell of a lot. The thighs you can do when your ID grants you the powers would blow your mind. But that power is stripped to nothing cause these

people aren’t worthy of the trust. So their line is “not setup for that”‘which translates exactly to: our ID’s do not authorize us to touch 99% of the system we manage. Can’t reopen an account? Nope not authorized, can’t apply the same recurring credits manually applied that the system does when a referral number is entered? Nope not authorized. They can apply all the one time baby credits to their hearts galore but no employee is going to manually come to your account and do that 12 times a year for you. Lmao they can, they just know not to trust their employees who prob handed out thousands of unauthorized credits previously and so the employees were stripped of their authorities. Just a bunch of monkeys emailing back to tell us they’re as worthless as the throttled 3G falllback these 2021 phones have to do like it’s 2009 still. 

*yawn* it will never seese to amaze me how many customers will blindly and voluntary be endless spokespersons for companies that when you die will simply view it as an extra black day in their bonus cheque. And what did you get for it? $5 off your service that’s base cost is as much as the mainline plans 🤷‍♂️ Chow. Feel free to message me about how right I am when you finally wake the f up to your corporate overlords indoctrination. If they can milk it from you they’ll gladly do it, bill you for the milking and then sell it back to you for twice the price all while telling you how great you think they are. 

@Jared575 

I'm sorry to hear you misunderstood the consequences of porting out from a prepaid provider without at least contacting customer support to see if your action would cause an issue keeping your pm account active. Unfortunately that was a giant miscalculation on your part but you were not jumping the Snake River Canyon just mobile providers. Oh well....

If your new provider is Fido....enjoy your service you will see your savings on your bill.

@Jared575 wrote:

\Boy as I go back through the years of bs I sure am aware now of just how complacent I was to this joke.

@Jared575 , No, you were just so in love with the saving here..

But now things not work out.  You know you have no choice but to leave , since your account was closed, so all the minor little things you didn't mind to compromise become a joke.

hate to remind you.. couple days ago, you were still so in love with PM that even you ported a number, you still want to keep the account and the plan... for yourself or for your best friend for Christmas

@Jb456 wrote:

@walker1  Link below with the screenshot of you soliciting new members. Good work 👍

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Any-signup-bonuses/td-p/759940

I am here all the time.. how could i miss this post.. .. "runner" is my "buddy" LoL

@Jared575 wrote:

Actually until they royally f***** me over I didn’t have an opinion for or against them really,

If you do some research ahead.. or humbly ask the Community, you will get the answer within 5 mins  that a successful porting will close your account.. 

Jared575

Yeah and you should see what 3 bars of service is near downtown victoria, especially on a call when it drops to 3g. Heaven forbid you move away from a window. Or go to the back of the place and it sees another tower out of range. Yikes. .1 would be nice but alas impossible between handoffs, frequency shifting and the lack of voice over lte. Hell if PM truly wanted to save money they’d have deployed voice over wifi  and handed the bandwidth and management onto someone else for half the but that’s not what Telus wants they want PM gone and keep it as zero input as possible while continuing the push to get as many to move to the parent services. They tried hard years back gutting and forcing people off the promo 120 plan they put out but backtracked hard when the backlash became apparent people were simply jumping to anyone but Telus company. Boy as I go back through the years of bs I sure am aware now of just how complacent I was to this joke.

@Jb456 

So sue me.  Pretty sure that I wasn't the first one or the last to do it.  Good luck with your recruiting and Russian floozies.

Jared575

Yup. It’s callEd letting it slide, complacency, laziness, greenGrass/greenerGRASS, accepting that “you get what you pay for” and this is just the perfect definition of too far. At the end of the day I attempted to rectify a simple issue and got summarily dismissed. Now it’s up to the crtc to decide if PM violated their own TOS and/or documents their policy’s clear (hint, they don’t), otherwise why would the procedure flow constantly change and half the questions on this forum be regarding porting issues… but the damage is done and as I said it’s not only me they lost but the account and 4-6 others now 🙂 gotta get this pushed through and see if I can clear 10 account loses for PM by Christmas ❤️

@walker1  Link below with the screenshot of you soliciting new members. Good work 👍

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Any-signup-bonuses/td-p/759940

@Jb456 

Sorry to disappoint you 😔.  They were real customer sign ups.   Nice try.

@walker1 

6 customer since the weekend wow!. I guess sending unsolicited private messaging to new sign ups,  offering your referral code, is really working out for you huh 🙄😂

We all seen @darlicious @Anonymous the sreenshot posted by a new member where you were soliciting. 

😊Good luck with your new carrier ☺️

Jared575

Actually until they royally f***** me over I didn’t have an opinion for or against them really, the benefits balanced the mediocrity of the service. But a friend who’s paying double my rate for the identical service and was never maxing anything out was a great buy for them where as I have always reached my data limit each cycle usually within 250mb and having to constantly throttle and defer to wifi. My upgrade is dollar for dollar the same and 5x the service. There’s is half the cost. PM would have maintained a long term customer and kept 4 others without a peep from me. But alas they’ve in a matter of hours mananged to lose not only me, but them and 4 others who’ve just ordered their SIM cards and are jumping ship. Peace out PM 5 down for you 6 up for your competitor in a matter of hours. 

one pissed off customer with the mediocrity of responses from PM management. (A months credit to make up for $20 a month in loyalty and referral credits HA!) even a restoration of half that would be a reasonable counter offer but the half assed offer by the half assed management sealed the deal. Peace out!

I call a peace treaty. After all it's Christmas time 🙂.   

Oh and maybe, reboot your home internet router.  That might make things run smoother in the future.   I did mine already.   lol

we have not been "running" together.. but this time I have to agree with you..

The OP hated his plan and the Public Mobile service so much that he wanted to keep it and give it to a friend as a Christmas present.   Nice friend 😊

lol

@HALIMACS wrote:

Which leaves me wondering if people who choose this service pay attention to what they're choosing... 🤔

No, most people's 👀 are this $$. .  When things not work out, then they just blame others, yell at the community members  and threaten to escalate with CRTC 

Also, why people want to port out but keep your current plan with a new number?  Obviously this person still see some good things here in PM and want to stay to take advantage.. Unfortunately, things not going in their favour, so what does he do?  He did what he did above.

Hmmm.... i keep going back to this tagline (below) and it's abundantly clear that Public Mobile certainly doesn't hide what they DON'T provide by way of service.

Which leaves me wondering if people who choose this service pay attention to what they're choosing... 🤔

HALIMACS_0-1620479983349.png

@Jared575 wrote:

Whether it be to **bleep** service at 1998 speeds while paying 2021 prices. 

Fact Check:  

In Canada, Bell Mobility, SaskTel and Telus launched a 3G EVDO network in 2005.  Rogers Wireless was the first to implement UMTS technology, with HSDPA services in eastern Canada in late 2006.

1998?  we are still on 2G, speed?  0.1 Mbps

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jared575 : Wow. All these years of no problems (mentioned) and you go to LEAVE of your own volition and now you rant about the standard operating procedure that all carriers do of closing the account on port-out. That's what's astonishing.

Jared575

Lmao some people have some weird ways of showing kind hearted helpfulness. Not withstanding the messages I revceirged Ron paid employees who’s helpfulness was the fact they replied but if you think for a second that the countless threads on this forum constitutes helpfulness you’re sadly mistaken. Cursory glance at most of the main threads shows this service is beyond help, not only does it spend a ridiculous amount of time “down” but the level of un-reasonable errors customers face on a daily basis is actually quite astonishing, especially considering the seriously low customer count PM continues to carry and lose. Lose being the operative word here. 

in my 5 years with this carrier the fact the website and customer portal remain unchanged is quite frightening really, or the fact I can change my name, number, contacts, password, security questions, SIM card, credit card all in a single swoop and yet email is locked in? Mmmmk so a single hijacking of someone’s email could render their cellphone and entire two factor authentication system minutes… add that fact to the seemingly disconnected and disinterest employees who have to hide behind a wall of customers who need to show how knowledge about their service so as to hide the fact that the service is as incompetent and the parent companies. I quite frankly am amazed how unaware I was of how much bull i let this service take me for and I’ve switched gears to making sure this bs doesn’t continue on and bilk

someone else out of half a decade of their life. Whether it be to **bleep** service at 1998 speeds while paying 2021 prices. News flash guys this service isn’t that cheap by any stretch. The dedication to paying 5 years of service to get $5 off or wasting countless hours gettijgmupvotes to shave a buck off your dial up service. My intentions were to keep the service going under a friend cause they want basic service but me thinks a last second Christmas present is gonna be bringing them onto a new line with the new service. My New Years resolution will be to get all my referrals off this service too. They’ll be better for it. 

@Jared575 wrote:

But alas proving my point exactly. The flaming kinds of people sitting on these “community” boards providing zero assistance or being entirely unhelpful. Is this your end goal or do you get a kickback for every customer you attempt to intimidate and demean?

I guess Treat others as you want to be treated 🙂

Relax and calm down ..no one here supposed to be insulted, neither the kind-hearted members here who spent countless hours to help nor the paid-staff . 

If you want people to help, provide us information and details.   

But in your case, with any mobile providers in Canada, once number is ported away , then the account will be closed.  You might not like it, but this is the way it is.

If you just want a place to express your frustration and anger, there are other channels.  Writing to Jean-Pierre Blais could be a way, but I think writing to Darren Entwistle might have better result, you might end up with couple months of free service.

You already ported away your number?  Enjoy your new service and hope you have better luck there.  🎄 Merry Christmas 🎄

Yup @Jared575 

Sad, on so many levels. 

Jared575

Says the guy who has to edit his reply 4 times. Research? You mean reading the TOS is legal research? So I can go for the bar exam now… 

But alas proving my point exactly. The flaming kinds of people sitting on these “community” boards providing zero assistance or being entirely unhelpful. Is this your end goal or do you get a kickback for every customer you attempt to intimidate and demean?

Yes as the crtc says that porting out a number can and does service notice of a customers intention to leave, it’s there so that operators cannot continue to bill customers for services they aren’t even remotely rendering under the guise “they didn’t tell us they were leaving.” No where in it does it say this is finite or without reversal. 

and ironically you proved another point in your pathetic attempts at putting someone down. At the PARENT COMPANY Telus and Koodo you can easily and without consequence beyond change number fees “restart” a plan that’s been closed due to porting, let alone any other number of the carriers. As a former slave for the t-mobile empire I re-activated many pre-paid and post-paid lines for an endless list of reasons.

Under your erroneously placed smugness from your poorly edited (and re-edited) reply you’d aptly pointed out that PM regulatory “reactivates” lines, yup, every time a customers billing expires or otherwise doesn’t go through on the due date causing a suspension... Weird. But Somehow the account number magically remains activate and leaves the number attached because the two have nothing to do with each other. Immediately shutting down the account and storming off is all PM Does. Simply acting like a spoiled child sub-par child who clearly thinks itself more than anyone else cares to think, who could blame them? The brilliant services provided by PM and its community stand by your immediate reply and the multiple **bleep**ty dismissive comments provided by supposed customer service employees.

so I question your motivations for being on here and replying. Has to be much more than weeling & dealing endless poorly written “gotcha” comments to get enough votes to take a buck off your service can’t really be all there is is it? Sad 😞 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jared575 : Good job with all the legal searching. I don't think you have a leg to

Good research on CRTC legal info. but why not do a proper research here  for the proper Porting procedure first before running into issues  🤔?  

Need Help? Let's chat.