cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any signup bonuses?

NewBC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

About to join this service. How can I maximize bonuses and can they be stacked?

46 REPLIES 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious , @NewBC : Exactly right. It's against the rules. It's improper. It's the principle. I remember having a pm open poised and ready to reply when it seemed like a customer was about to ask for one. They didn't, Cancel, oh well.

I would have to say I'm rather surprised to see some of the names doing this. It's great that NewBC has taken it upon themselves to out this activity. These aren't mistakes. These aren't forgivable. From newbies, well whatever ok.

So come on everybody...wait for the request either here openly or from a pm. Don't be setting up to offer and of course don't offer anyway. One user here has almost a bot to detect a request and pounces on it. All fair. 

And then the unwritten suggestion to post a reply to that open request saying you've sent a pm so that the poor customer isn't deluged with a million codes.

But who am I. Apparently I'm a liar and work here and am some kind of certain member....at least according to one certain member. Nobody needs to listen and abide by what I say anyway. I'm just a lowly fellow customer here.

I wag my curmudgeonly finger and say I'm disappointed at those that are doing this.

@darkomega wrote:

You can't really fault new customers not wanting to be PM'd out of nowhere for a possible referral, some just don't take kindly to it unless they specifically want one, though I know people here only aim to help you have to be sensitive to the feelings of others when messaging them, that's all.

@darkomega 

I agree.

Some will appreciate the opportunity to save a quick $10 for using someone's referral code, especially if they didn't know that option exists.

I feel some others are being opportunistic in this forum and via private messaging.

Personally, I feel (and have posted frequently) that folks looking to save money should ask friends or family who are with Public Mobile to provide them with their referral code, which they can find on their self-serve landing page.

Now if they would rather not involve family/friends, then sure, ask on the forum for someone to supply one or private message a specific member whose reply may have been most useful.

@NewBC 

I understand the issue at hand here seems to be the unsolicited referral code. Community members can be friendly folk who want to be helpful but they should never include their referral code if it has not been asked for by the member receiving the message. 

Why is it so difficult to simply state..."If you did not use a referral code when activating to recieve the $10 bonus referral code feel free to private message any community member and ask them for their referral code. They will be happy to oblige."

Preferably this would be included with some other helpful information.....but at least the new member can feel free to choose whomever they like if they do indeed need a referral code as there are plenty of members who activated and had no idea you could add one afterwards.

Right @Anonymous ?!!😉

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can't really fault new customers not wanting to be PM'd out of nowhere for a possible referral, some just don't take kindly to it unless they specifically want one, though I know people here only aim to help you have to be sensitive to the feelings of others when messaging them, that's all.

@NewBC just breathe, there is no harm to you in that message.

You are a member of a Public forum now that other users have the ability to send private messages to and from. Kinda of like social media.

I think @kb_mv gave you the best advice with Private Messages.

But turn the option back on if you ever need to submit a ticket to CSA as mentioned.

Turn this option Off Completely.

UnTick the 2 check marks below for:

• Turn on private messages, and
  • Receive email notifications for new private messages 

esjliv_0-1639919035080.png

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@NewBC wrote:

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!WHY AM I STILL BEING SPAMMED??

@NewBC That is a Private message sent by a fellow customer. Spam is defined as unsolicited messages sent in BULK by email. That does happen here occasionally from new accounts set up for that purpose. @gpixel4 is not one of those accounts. That message you screenshot was sent yesterday, perhaps in response to another post earlier on in the thread? Avoid these messages by going into your account settings (top right beside envelope icon), select "My Settings". Click on "Preferences" then "Private Messenger" and un check "Turn on private messages".

If you have an issue and want to communicate with a Customer Service Rep, you will need to turn it back on to receive replies. 

Edited to add: you can report each "offending" message to PM. Bottom left it says "report". Click it and enter why you are reporting it. Then block the user.

NewBC

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!WHY AM I STILL BEING SPAMMED??

Screenshot_20211219-061000_Chrome.jpg

NewBC

@CountyDownIeUk  I will have to disagree on your "kind offer". It was an attempt to get a referral. There was no need to send a private message to me in the first place. I am planning to join this phone provider and had questions. Was not aware other members could send private messages. I thought Public Mobile was spamming me and that my questions were being answered by employees. You then sent a second message to me after I posted your message.

Pretty slick to offer free sim cards to get that referral! 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous : Please do enlighten us all as to what exactly you think I'm doing. You think I'm lying. You don't understand what's written. That is not me lying. That is you not understanding.

@Anonymous 

I agree with you. Something has to change.  I think if the truth was to be known...many others here as well are ashamed of some perpetual posts of poor quality,  misinformation and over information. A quick study of bravos will show that. And she too has PM’d me with jibber jabber and I did not and won’t report nor would I have the uncouthness to screen shot it and post it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : Please do enlighten us all as to what exactly you think I'm doing. You think I'm lying. You don't understand what's written. That is not me lying. That is you not understanding.

@NewBC wrote:

@Anonymous  Information is helpful thank you! Can I call someone to issue a complaint? Walker1 wrote me with a code. Countrydownleuk did not provide a code but offered one and 2 free sims. I thought it was spam. When I posted here. Countrydownleuk wrote back to me angrily saying I could have just said no or ignored the message.

How do I call Public Mobile and make a complaint?

@NewBC 

Firstly I do not consider a kind offer to help you out, to be spam. Good luck in satisfying your plight for bonuses. That was the first and last time I will do. I had no idea how an over sensitive person would react to that offer. Wow. Nor was my PRIVATE message in anger. I refrained from being angry or rude. I have upgraded my settings to hopefully disengage me from specific messages and posts. My apologies. 

@NewBC wrote:

@Anonymous  I don't understand what you mean. I was spammed by walker1 and Countrydown.  Sounds like you have your own issues with z10user4 as he was nothing but helpful. I was under the impression that this website was for phone service. Lots of arguing it looks like. 

@NewBC  - Welcome to the Community, and the gong-show it can sometimes be. 😂

Seriously though, it is a great source to come to when it comes to services, questions, issues with Public Mobile and or telecommunications in general.

Ever call a cell phone, internet, tv, etc. provider and be on hold for, like EVER it sometimes seems? Then once you get through, you explain the issue, THEN you get transferred and have to explain again to someone else?

In other words, posting a question or concern here can sometimes quickly help you; and in doing so helping others who may have the same/similar issues - usually much quicker that than a customer service care phone call. 👍

At the very bottom of the Community Page, newcomers to the Community are listed as they join. Public Mobile freely shares this here, so I would not be too offended if you receive a Hello or Welcome.

esjliv_0-1639865362274.png

I WILL tell you, though, to watch out for REAL spam messages in your INBOX. These will be messages like "Win an iphone" or third party advertisements that may happen from time to time for chances to win money or some deals of some sort.

Don't worry, they are no threat either as long as you don't select any of the links in the message. Just hit the report button and delete them from your INBOX.

No harm, no foul.

Announcement from PM, and what to do, regarding these: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/What-to-do-with-spam-in-your-Private-Message-folder/m-p/626565

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous : Read. Interpret. Understand. Head office must just roll their eyes when they see a complaint from you. Oh no not again.

I. Do. Not. Lie.

Oh hey look at that...I will report you for falsely accusing me. And that's not a lie either.

@Anonymous 

no comment with you anymore..

@J_PM @CS_Agent 

please can anyone see that person what the doing in here ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : Read. Interpret. Understand. Head office must just roll their eyes when they see a complaint from you. Oh no not again.

I. Do. Not. Lie.

Oh hey look at that...I will report you for falsely accusing me. And that's not a lie either.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous : Again with the misinterpretation. I DID NOT say you had sent one to this user. I said that you have been known to send one to others unsolicited. The only lies you perceive is when you don't understand what's written.

Please. Google Translate. A Dictionary. Anything.

@Anonymous 

no comment with you anymore the head office the will investigation,,

stop lying and accusing people shy yourself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NewBC wrote:

@Anonymous  I don't understand what you mean. I was spammed by walker1 and Countrydown.  Sounds like you have your own issues with z10user4 as he was nothing but helpful. I was under the impression that this website was for phone service. Lots of arguing it looks like. 

@NewBC 

i don't have any issue with anyone but that person name z10user4

all time in here give Annoys me a lot but i did now reporting 

and sorry.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : Again with the misinterpretation. I DID NOT say you had sent one to this user. I said that you have been known to send one to others unsolicited. The only lies you perceive is when you don't understand what's written.

Please. Google Translate. A Dictionary. Anything.

NewBC

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NewBC wrote:

@Anonymous you did not send me anything. I am new and merely asked why I was getting spammed. I thought it was Public Mobile spamming me. Helpful members mentioned it was other users.

@NewBC 

thank you so much and so sorry about your time 

that person name  z10user4 are lie... and i did now reporting that name to CSA, 

and thank you and sorry to bother you and please if you can also make reporting to head office see who is wrong in here... thanks and you have a lovely day.

NewBC

@Anonymous you did not send me anything. I am new and merely asked why I was getting spammed. I thought it was Public Mobile spamming me. Helpful members mentioned it was other users.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous : You are the one that fights for every scrap of perceived insult it's unbelievable. You have also not long ago been caught out sending unsolicited referral codes. NOBODY else fights and argues and whines like you do when someone corrects information or calls you out. NOBODY. You stand alone in your perceived victimhood. Oh woe is me everyone is out to get me. Stop posting irrelevant excess wrong nonsense and hey presto the call-outs and corrections would stop. Magic.

@Anonymous 

i'm not sending to anyone referral codes and the OP @NewBC 

the put it a two photos of two member the are friend with you not to my name 

@Anonymous and why you are lie z10user4 i will now make a reporting to CSA, them can see everything and them have to stop you lie in here shy yourself be lie.

please @NewBC 

sorry about it i send to you any Private Messages with code ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : You are the one that fights for every scrap of perceived insult it's unbelievable. You have also not long ago been caught out sending unsolicited referral codes. NOBODY else fights and argues and whines like you do when someone corrects information or calls you out. NOBODY. You stand alone in your perceived victimhood. Oh woe is me everyone is out to get me. Stop posting irrelevant excess wrong nonsense and hey presto the call-outs and corrections would stop. Magic.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NewBC wrote:

@Anonymous  Thank you!!! I will contact Customer Support Agent. Have enough spam in my email. I don't need it from a service I am trying to join.

@NewBC 

sorry to bother you is your choose and good luck..you can see how they can fighting with me,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous : Regulars should not be breaking the rules of the place that they know full well. Newbies yeah sure alright. But not regulars. Not much to forgive. Those aren't mistakes.

@Anonymous 

look i'm never breaking any rules and you are have to say to OP to report them be in going to message in bottom left site but you didn't say anything why because them are friend with you and them give you a lot of Bravos then you don't need to lose them.. i do understand you 100% What kind of person are you
,,you have no mercy, no forgiveness, and nothing... oh man just you like to give problems to anyone for something is not big issue but you are kind of problems.. and keep you way and god watching everyone.. no more comments with you as i say in another poster my issue to answer to you...and do this don't forgive anyone and don't forgiveness to anyone..keep up.

NewBC

@Anonymous  Thank you!!! I will contact Customer Support Agent. Have enough spam in my email. I don't need it from a service I am trying to join.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : Regulars should not be breaking the rules of the place that they know full well. Newbies yeah sure alright. But not regulars. Not much to forgive. Those aren't mistakes.

@NewBC 

As long as your on a postpaid plan you don't have to worry about porting before your renewal date but rather they will prorate your monthly plan cost. Welcome to public mobile!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NewBC wrote:

@Anonymous  Information is helpful thank you! Can I call someone to issue a complaint? Walker1 wrote me with a code. Countrydownleuk did not provide a code but offered one and 2 free sims. I thought it was spam. When I posted here. Countrydownleuk wrote back to me angrily saying I could have just said no or ignored the message.

How do I call Public Mobile and make a complaint?

@NewBC 

my advice to you just give them a chance and forgetting them the do a wrong but you have a big heart to forgetting them and the time is Christmas and holiday forgiveness to who did wrong we all human sometime we make mistake and no one perfect 100%, and thank you for understanding i appreciate it very much... and them fighting with me all time in here for no reason and i do respecting all and forgiveness all member,, after all we are a human we have to forgive each other...but sorry if Depends on the person if you like to send your complaint and make reporting you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, 

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • your Email address in comunity site.

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

NewBC

@darlicious  fixed screenshot thank you. 

Yes I will be porting from Rogers. 

@NewBC 

Will you be porting in a phone number? If so are you on a prepaid or postpaid plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.