cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Porting problem need fixing

3363Michael
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can't get texts or calls from my wife. They are going to my old PC voice mail. I can only call her. The texts are not getting to her number. 

Do I have to change to a new number? Why can't I remove the old voice-mail number?

12 REPLIES 12

@3363Michael 

Try this, get another phone, put your PM sim card in and see if you can text your wife.  Just want to confirm it is not a device issue

have you open ticket with PM Support yet?  If not, or if you have but no response, plese open ticket with them.  They might be able to further troubleshoot:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

3363Michael

I cannot send a text to her. She cannot text me. I can call her. If she calls me it goes directly to PC voice-mail. 

3363Michael

Ported it 8weeks ago

3363Michael

I put my old PC sim back in and all her texts pop up. All bank verification codes and calls are going directly to my PC inbox. With the public mobile account I can call my wife but cannot text her. I use messages. I am getting texts and calls from other people through PM.

@3363Michael and which provider your wife is using? Also PM?

3363Michael

Called the number.

They said, "A transfer request doesn't exist ". 

I did do this already. Said yes to PC in a text.  My wife and my bank cannot text me. Everyone's else can.

@3363Michael   

how long you have ported your account?  It could take as many as 7 days for bank texts start coming

Also, are you waiting for text from Canadian bank?   Text from overseas banks might or might not come to Canadian provider.  It is not a PM issue but a problem of how the source bank setup their text.  Some didn't setup properly to send overseas

And you cannot get text from your wife, too?  can you send a text to your wife first and your wife just reply it?  And are you really sending traditional text to your wife and not iMessage or RCS?

3363Michael

Already did that. Everyone else can text me. Except my bank and wife. Its weird. I will try it again. 

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@3363Michael 

open ticket with PM support and ask them to fix it,

At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Once ticket is submitted,(envelope icon on the top right) CS_Agent will reply you there

dabr
Mayor / Maire

That's rather odd because my response was to harleylover2017 after other responses, so not sure how it's ended up in this thread but I'll private message @3363Michael  the Telus Porting number too.  Please check your message box top right @3363Michael.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@3363Michael 

It sounds like you missed the most important step in completing the porting process. Leaving the PC SIM in your phone and wait for the text from PC confirming you are porting over to PM. 
Just  call the porting department that @dabr messaged you.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@harleylover2017   I'll private message the Telus porting dept # (check your message box top right).  They can ask Bell to resubmit the transfer text so you need to keep the old SIM in your phone to respond with a YES within 90 minutes of receiving the text.

Need Help? Let's chat.