cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Porting a number from Koodo

ssmz007
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. 

I have the same issue.  I have Koodo. I want to change to public mobile, without changing my phone number.  And can I use the Koodo sim or should I get a new one. ?? 

2 REPLIES 2

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @ssmz007,

Welcome to our community!

To begin, you should be able to port in your number from Koodo as long as it's still active. Here's a great link on our community which gives you all the how to's on how to get started and port in  - https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Transferring-your-number-to-Public-Mo...

And yes, you will need a new PM SIm card. You can order one online or find one in store, check out our website for more details 🙂 Please feel free to send us aprivate  message if you ever have any questions.

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ssmz007 wrote:

Hello. 

I have the same issue.  I have Koodo. I want to change to public mobile, without changing my phone number.  And can I use the Koodo sim or should I get a new one. ?? 

@ssmz007 you will need a new SIM card for Public Mobile.  You can definitely keep your Koodo phone number by porting it in.  If you're on a post-paid Koodo plan, you can do that yourself during the activation process or at any time afterward in the self-serve ("My Account") portal. If you're on a pre-paid Koodo plan, you will first need to activate on a temporary new number, and then ask the moderator team to assist you with the number port.  If you need to do so, here's the details:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
If you have a Porting issue, please also include:
  • The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
Additional Useful Information:
  • Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.