Retraité / Retired

Transferring your number to Public Mobile

Typically, you can move your number if:

• It's an active mobile or landline number
  • We have service in that area
  • It's from a service provider in the same local calling area
  • Number Portability is available in that area 

Tips for moving to Public Mobile

• Keep it live. Don't cancel your current service before switching to us. Your phone number must be active in order to move it
  • Have it at hand. Have your phone, an invoice from your current service provider and if possible, your service agreement handy when you move your number. Just to be safe, you should review your existing service agreement to find out what charges might apply
  • Don't delegate. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number

Click here for porting instructions.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Transferring your number to Public Mobile

May i transfer a number which is in Fido prepay? if can, I want to know whether it can transfer the balance to public moblie.   thanks

Mayor / Maire

When Porting a Landline, expect the unexpected

If YOU port a Landline #, whether to a New PM account, or an existing account, here's some Helpful tips:

During Porting, Most times Landline #'s can be ported, THOUGH SOME MIGHT NOT Qualify.

Also, During Porting of Landline, Process WILL TAKE Longer than expected timeframe. Takes 48 HRS, UP TO A STANDARD WEEK. If NO PROGRESS, EMAIL PM, and PM will Investigate further

ALSO, During Porting of Landline, This is the Weird thing:

OUTGOING CALLS ARE MADE VIA CELLPHONE HANDSET

INCOMING IS FROM LANDLINE

ANY IMPORTANT CALL'S, MAKE PLANS ACCORDINGLY TO AVOID AWKWARD APPROACH

Mayor / Maire

Re: When Porting a Landline, expect the unexpected

ONCE PORTING OF LANDLINE IS 110% COMPLETE, ALL WILL RETURN TO NORMAL FUNCTION

Mayor / Maire

WHEN PORTING OVER ANY #, TIPS

HERE'S SOME STANDARD TIPS FOR PORTINGS:

Previous Account where # you WISH to port must be active. That means still enabled, NOT SUSPENDED, CANCELLED

You MUST have all Account Info ready and Handy in order to proceed with the PORTING PROCESS

MF
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have emailed numerous times but I still cannot port my Rogers home phone number. The line is active and I have provided my billing/service address and account number. This has been going on for over a month. I would like to pm someone, but I am not sure who to pm? Do you know which person to pm?
Mayor / Maire

Look for Email Us. Then you find a page that lists some options, choose None of the above, a Email Application form pops up, fill-in all relevant info, account info, Name, and within 24-48 hrs, PM will email back to you with a response.

Also, Any PM rep, example, with a Orange PM avatar beside their name, you can send a private message to them. Within 24-72 hrs, you will receive response. 

Public Mobile should, as additional layer of reassurance, should heavily consider implementing a form of E-Chat.

Mayor / Maire

The Key to understanding how PM works is by observation. That alone can give You plenty of insight to how PM works, Tics, Tocks. Its like Art, at first it starts on empty canvas. But afterwards, you see strokes, and in time, you can make out what PM will become. Its just like Art. Takes time for Final outcome to display on a Fresh Canvas

I did the porting
Can you let me know is it ok .

Still I didn't get the transfer???