cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Occasional Invalid SIM

Achan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I've switched over to public mobile a few days ago, and have ported my number over from Rogers. However, my SIM has been detected as invalid multiple times in a day. The phone restarts itself because of that but it didn't fix the problem.I've also manually restarted and reinserted the sim multiple times. Do I have a crappy SIM?
13 REPLIES 13

edmundho
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi @Achan, I am having the exact same problem you had, with the same LG G3 phone as well. Tried many suggestions in the thread with no success. SIM works on other phones with no issue, and other SIMs works on my phone with no issue as well. Wonder how you resolved yours?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@Achan that's great news! Thanks for the update. Enjoy your newly-consistent network! 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Achan
@srlawren one day and no invalid sim warning at all,I think the thickness was most likely the issue. It did feel slightly slimmer than my old sim but I have no way to actually measure it

srlawren

@Achan that theory does indeed fit in with the observed phenomena!  Please report back when you're confident of whether or not that seems to have resolved it.    🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Achan
My current theory is that the public mobile sim is slightly slimmer than the Rogers sim. I added some padding and we will see how that goes.

srlawren

@Achan interesting turn of events.

Well, if your phone were incompatible with the PM network, it would not work at all.  The fact that it works sometimes rules that out.  The fact that another SIM in your phone works fine suggets that your PM SIM is bad.  But then your PM SIM works fine in another phone, which suggests the SIM is fine, and your account as well.  I don't know how to account for that inconsistent result to be honest.

I would suggest that you might want to ask one of the moderators to order you a new SIM by sending @Saray_O a private message with your phone number and mailing address and either a link back to this discussion thread or a brief summary of the symptoms.

Achan
I have plugged another sim into my current phone, and there's no issue. But I've also plugged my PM sim card into another phone with no issues.....

ben10nnery
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I agree with trying your SIM in another device first. Then you'll know for sure whether it's the SIM or your phone's SIM reader.

There's really one of two possiblitites:

-bad sim card reader

-bad sim card or dirty contacts on it

If you can, try your sim card in another phone, and  also borrow someone else's sim card to try in your phone.

Cypm

if you 100% sure your phone has no problem, so you should contact one of pm mod to help your privately. you should contact them as soon as you can 

Achan
Right now, my service jumps between having signal and invalid sim.

I am currently using an LG G3 unlocked. My phone would randomly say no sim detected with the public mobile one. I have used the Rogers sim with no issues for 2 years already.

The phone is programmed to restarted when the sim is invalid.

Sameer

If you sim keeps saying invalid, its possible the sim could be faulty.

Try it on a different phone if you have access. Otherwise, message a mod to see if they can assist with re-ordering one.

sm2016
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can you elaborate a bit? 

What phone do you have?

Is it normal for the phone to restart when it detects a new sim?

Will your phone be working and then it randomly says no sim detected?

If it's not normal for your phone to restart, it may be the phone.

If it's normal behavior for your phone, then it sounds like it is a faulty sim

Need Help? Let's chat.