cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Phone Number Changed On Its Own

Steedclan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Help!  My number changed after a quick trip down to the US.  Now my other number isn't working.  Help this is a business number

17 REPLIES 17

@Steedclan, this truly sounds like a number change request has been processed, however clearly you don't recall doing it (I'm not doubting you), or it's been taken away by an abnormal process.

If you had this number before with another carrier, if the port hadn't completed properly, it would have gone to the previous carrier pool ages ago.  You've had it here for 1.5 years, so it should still be yours.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Steedclan The way it has been described it looks like that Edmonton number was ported in place of your original number, by mistake.  Would be interesting to find out what happened.  Please update this thread when it is eventually resolved.

PM100

Very sorry to hear this. While waiting for a fix from the mods, perhaps you could take a look at your "Usage History" in particular looking at the phone numbers there making sure you recognize all of them.

Hope this resolves soon for you.

@Steedclan wrote:

@Anonymous When I call others it appears as "new" number on their screen, when I call in it says out of sevice.

Texts go out with the "new" number instead of under my save number in their phone.  Texts in work fine.

When I call the "new" number from my landline itgoes to my phone adn when I call out on my cell it shows new number on the recipients screen.  Everything shows this new mysterious number.

@Steedclan  Wow that's pretty messed up and scary at the same time!!Smiley Surprised I hope PM figures out what happened. Please keep us posted.

Steedclan

@Anonymous When I call others it appears as "new" number on their screen, when I call in it says out of sevice.

Texts go out with the "new" number instead of under my save number in their phone.  Texts in work fine.

When I call the "new" number from my landline itgoes to my phone adn when I call out on my cell it shows new number on the recipients screen.  Everything shows this new mysterious number.

@Steedclan wrote:

I bought the $20.00 add on from PM, no other sim.  When I called or messaged my husband it wouldn't show up as my number it would show up as a random number from Edmonton, AB.  Now we are back home and when we call my PM number it says it is not in service, when we call the random Edmonton number it goes to my phone.

Very strange!  I can't imagine how that would happen but hope you get help quickly from the moderators.  I'd be interested to know if the PM will provide you some information about how the number got changed. 

I have seen our home phone number/name showing up as an incoming call occasionally through being spoofed and the phone company couldn't do anything about it.  But your issue isn't spoofing.  So wishing you a quick resolve!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Steedclan wrote:

@stonechucker I've had this number for three years, with PM for 1.5.  Hoping the moderator responds soon!

Number you should have:

What happens with calls in/out?

Texts in/out?

Mysterious other number:

What happens with calls in/out?

Texts in/out?

Which number do you see on someone elses screen for caller id when you call them?

Click on Plan Details under My Plan to see the phone number registered to your account.

Steedclan

@stonechucker I've had this number for three years, with PM for 1.5.  Hoping the moderator responds soon!

How long have you had your account with Public Mobile?  If it's a fairly account, was it a number  you selected from a list, or did you port your number in?  I'm wondering if it was a new number selected, it may have been reclaimed by a previous subscriber who hadn't released it yet (ie Public Mobile should not have let you take the number).

Whatever the issue is, you'll certainly need to contact the Moderator_Team to get this addressed.

Steedclan

@mh1983 I don't see any number under my self serve, only alternate number.  Where would I see it?

Steedclan

Steedclan

I bought the $20.00 add on from PM, no other sim.  When I called or messaged my husband it wouldn't show up as my number it would show up as a random number from Edmonton, AB.  Now we are back home and when we call my PM number it says it is not in service, when we call the random Edmonton number it goes to my phone.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

In your Self Serve account, do you still see a record of the original number or has that changed too? Good luck getting this issue sorted.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Steedclan wrote:

Help!  My number changed after a quick trip down to the US.  Now my other number isn't working.  Help this is a business number

@Steedclan wrote:

@SteedclanWhat other number? Did you get a sim when you were in the US? Does your phone support two sims? If yes, are you using your PM sim in your phone?

@Anonymous, thanks for catching my typo, which either you fixed in your quote, or I just saved my edit just before you qoted me.

Cheers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit: speedy edit by stonechucker 🙂

@Moderator_Team < Click this.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Steedclan, I've moved your post to be a new topic, as the post you made it in was almost 3 years old.

Phone numbers shouldn't change by themself, so you will need to contact the  @ Moderator_Team via private message to get this addressed.  Use the envelope icon in the upper right corner to do this.

Need Help? Let's chat.