cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No Data on LG G5, switched from Telus

Tasslehoff
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

À factory reset didn't work. I still cannot use any data. Phone only.

12 REPLIES 12

Tasslehoff

Yes, the phone is a Canadian version. But i had to reenter the APN settings and now it works!

Tasslehoff

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!

I found this nice link to help me reprogram the APN protocol.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

I just entered all the numbers and data suggested and it works!!!

Thanks to all of you for your help! I wish I could help someone too sooner than later. I have for now three clients refered to Public Mobile and I plan to have more. Yes, it's tricky sometimes and you have to be patient to find an answer but in the same time it's fun and it help me learn more things that I find interesting about phones.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Tasslehoff 

After a factory reset, check to see if there are outstanding updates in the phone setting.

Once those are applied, restart the phone with the SIM card.

It should connect to Public Mobile network and your mobile data (if your plan has it) should be working as well as talk and text.

BTW I have used the LG G5 with Public Mobile and don't recall having to enter the APN settings. I was coming off Koodo, so it might depend on who your previous provider was. Are you using the Canadian version of this phone?

@Tasslehoff wrote:

It seems that I'm not able to post pictures on the forum.

Did you choose the camera icon when trying to post an image?

Tasslehoff

It seems that I'm not able to post pictures on the forum.

Basically, it declares almost every APN settings “Undefined” except the followings:

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Tasslehoff

Here are a few pictures I took from the APN screens. 

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tasslehoff : Did you verify the APN settings? Maybe post screenshots of your APN settings and different eyes might see something.

@Tasslehoff You need to check the APN after the factory reset. The LG bug makes the factory set necessary but that also clears the APN settings for Public Mobile if they weren't on the phone before. 

Tasslehoff

The Public Mobile SIM card work fine on a spare Samsung Galaxy S7 that we own. No data problem. But my wife like her LG better.

I tried to toggle the airplane mode and then make a reset. Didn't work. Only the talking is working fine. I cannot text. I use the Signal app, not the standard Google texting app.

I'll check the APN setting in a few moments and be back.

Thank you to all of you for your help. With a few more efforts, we might succeed to make this thing fully operational.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tasslehoff : Did you verify the APN settings? Maybe post screenshots of your APN settings and different eyes might see something.

@Tasslehoff 

@Tasslehoff wrote:

I tried this also but it didn't work either. Is there any people with LG phones that overcome that problem. My SIM card was Virgin Mobile before I switched to Public.

Did your data work before?  What about talk and text?  

Try to toggle airplane mode on, then off.  Remove SIM card and replace/restart.  

Maybe try your SIM card in another phone.  That helps determine whether it is a hardware issue versus Public mobile service problem.  

Tasslehoff

I tried this also but it didn't work either. Is there any people with LG phones that overcome that problem. My SIM card was Virgin Mobile before I switched to Public.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Tasslehoff reset your network settings

Need Help? Let's chat.