cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Limited Time Sale: 5G 60GB Canada-US plan for $50/month on a 90-day plan

Flyrrad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can existing customers switch to the better promo plans? Currently on the $45/40gig monthly 5G plans, was interested in upping to the $45/50gig with 3 month subscription but when I try in my account,  only gives me the option of lowering my price on current plan by $5/month vs getting the extra 10 gigs for same price if using 3 month subscription?

12 REPLIES 12

self solution removed

Flyrrad

UPDATE - Customer service switched me over, 200% happy with the service! Got the $45/50gig@3month plan activated today!  Thanks for all the help!!!!

Flyrrad

Per link, message to CS has been sent. Thanks for the help!

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@wetcoaster wrote:

No disrespect meant, but I disagree with the 99% when it comes to recent deals here. While there has been the occasional (two?) promo in the last half of the year that was for new activations only, price and data bucket changes have been fast and furious recently, and most of them have been available in self serve of existing customers. If one needs the best bang for the biggest data bucket, it's advisable to check the subscription change tab in self serve quite regularly.

To be fair, I've been around PM for years but haven't been around here for most of the most recent year (because I was in another country). It seems like quite a few things have changed here - including some things for the better - that I haven't quite caught up to, yet.

I probably should've qualified that somehow in my wording, lol, since I'm not trying to post misinformation.

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @wetcoaster actually, PM trying to sweeten the deal for the lower price plan too, they have been sending out "upgrade" promo for $15 plan owners to get 5GB for $25 plans.  They are doing well in taking care those on the cheaper plans too

The operative word that is missing in there is: "selected" $15 plan owners. I help with 3 of those plans, and none of them received the offer. And yes, they have received previous promotional texts and have not unsubscribed from receiving them.

This was a very YMMV campaign. One of the accounts could actually benefit from a small-ish data bucket but has not yet changed to the $25 plan. After seeing the reports in the community, we inquired with a CSA if they could have access to the promo, the CSA categorically denied that it even existed.

HI @wetcoaster actually, PM trying to sweeten the deal for the lower price plan too, they have been sending out "upgrade" promo for $15 plan owners to get 5GB for $25 plans.  They are doing well in taking care those on the cheaper plans too

@Korth_ wrote:

@Flyrrad wrote:

Can existing customers switch to the better promo plans? Currently on the $45/40gig monthly 5G plans, was interested in upping to the $45/50gig with 3 month subscription but when I try in my account,  only gives me the option of lowering my price on current plan by $5/month vs getting the extra 10 gigs for same price if using 3 month subscription?

Most (like 99%) of PM's promotions are "for new customers only". This is always stated somewhere in the small print. Check the small print for the plan(s) which interest you and you'll see your answer.

In about half a decade with PM, I've seen only *one* promo (out of countless dozens of promos) which was adjusted so that both new or existing customers could buy into it. It was initially "for new customers only" but community demand eventually made PM decide - and make specific announcements - that the promo would be available for everyone.

No disrespect meant, but I disagree with the 99% when it comes to recent deals here. While there has been the occasional (two?) promo in the last half of the year that was for new activations only, price and data bucket changes have been fast and furious recently, and most of them have been available in self serve of existing customers. If one needs the best bang for the biggest data bucket, it's advisable to check the subscription change tab in self serve quite regularly.

I have changed one account (average of 12 or so GB usage per 30 days) from $40/15GB/30days early in the year to $117/90GB/90days to $102/60GB/90days. 

The other, higher usage, account started at $45/20GB, went to $117/90GB/90days and is now at $135/150GB/90days. We were debating whether we should go to $120/120GB/90days, but, being back at the same price as early in the year with 2.5x data is future proofing this one somewhat.

All numbers are before $$ rewards.

Of course there are plenty of us that would love to see improvements on the low data usage end, but, realistically, that is unlikely to happen. I believe PM nowadays has those only because of the CRTC mandate, everything I see says that they are actually trying to compete closer to the 2nd tier league than 3rd. 

Flyrrad

Quite possibly yes.... I did go back and read the small print, it reads to apply to the eSim free/physical sim $5 for new customers only, but you're probably correct since I can't actually make the changes I'm looking for in my actual account..... disheartening!

HI @Flyrrad 

it is a plan for everyone, not just new activation

but some reported they cannot change to the plan they want.   Please try using Incognito/Private/Secret mode on your browser again

if same, submit ticket with CS agent and ask them to schedule the plan change for you

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Flyrrad

Tried this in my account..... it's only giving me the options to either downgrade my plan to a 4g or 3-month my current ($45/40gig) to save $5/month.... 😔  was more interested in the extra data

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Flyrrad wrote:

@Flyrrad 

You will need to choose the $55/50 GB plan and then the website will let you choose either the $55 f0r 30 days, or $135 for 90 days option.  

PM $55 plan.jpg

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Flyrrad wrote:

Most (like 99%) of PM's promotions are "for new customers only". This is always stated somewhere in the small print. Check the small print for the plan(s) which interest you and you'll see your answer.

In about half a decade with PM, I've seen only *one* promo (out of countless dozens of promos) which was adjusted so that both new or existing customers could buy into it. It was initially "for new customers only" but community demand eventually made PM decide - and make specific announcements - that the promo would be available for everyone.

Need Help? Let's chat.