cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Incoming call can’t recive

Cristina2021
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone

I have a troble, I can't recive incoming call, I don't know why.

It's possible can I help me

I wait for your answers

10 REPLIES 10

@Cristina2021 wrote:

I have my cell phone number 3 days ago

So this is new number... Porting takes time but it is usually completed within 24 hours.

Does your SMS works? Can you send/receive SMS? If yes, porting is in process...

If not, when you initiated porting did you leave old SIM and answer Yes to porting question from old provider?

If all provided tips from other members fails to resolve your issue, let us know and somebody will send you PM's porting phone number (by private email) you can call and inquire.

@marcusandwarren wrote:

I also woke up today without any service, taken out my SIM card, as well as restarted the network.. still no service, not sure what's going on 

marcusandwarren

I also woke up today without any service, taken out my SIM card, as well as restarted the network.. still no service, not sure what's going on 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Cristina2021...has your phone start working properly now ? If so, let us know what steps you took to get it right.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Cristina2021 wrote:

Hello everyone

I have a troble, I can't recive incoming call, I don't know why.

It's possible can I help me

I wait for your answers

@Cristina2021 

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port.

Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If you missed this 90 minute window, submit a ticket via this link to re-initiate the port:

Link to contact Customer Support Agents (CSA) for porting to Public Mobile

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot                                                            

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cristina2021 : I may be detecting a language thing that may leave some interpretations open.

Did you bring over your 10 digit phone number from somewhere else? Or did you pick a whole new phone number from here?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Cristina2021 

It sounds like you got a new number rather than porting an old number over to PM.

When you put in the PM SIM in your phone…did you power off the phone and wait a few minutes then powering the phone back on again?

Try powering off the phone.

@Cristina2021...it's a "new" number then...ok. Did incoming calls work in the 1st couple of days...or never  worked ?

Cristina2021

I have my cell phone number 3 days ago

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Cristina2021...did you recently port your number to PM from previous network ? If so, read all info ...above this one.

edit.. @popping  has included some valuable info if you did just port in.

Need Help? Let's chat.