cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I cant receive call

jsoriel_58
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx just been recently  ported to Public Moblie.  Porting was successful, but I can't receive call

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

9 REPLIES 9

@albertyu 

You're welcome. All ports of mobile phone numbers from canadian providers should complete within 2 hours. Any longer indicates that the port is stuck or another issue. Porting in a landline should complete in two days ( 48 hours). Transferring a phone number from pc mobility ( postpaid) and prepaid koodo is the exception to this rule as they require a moderator to initiate and complete the number transfer ( not a number port.)

I am unsure of the details surrounding your number port and the delay involved but it is very unusual for a normal number port to take 24 hours to complete unless its a landline or coming from voip or a number "parking" service like Number Barn which could take up to 7 days to complete.

albertyu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@darlicious Thanks for letting me know. I must've missed the issue in the first post. I'll keep an eye out in the future.

This also happened to me when I ported my number for the first time, and I believe all that took to fix the issue of not being able to receive calls was to wait for 24hrs.

@albertyu 

I just praised you for the exact same response because it likely solves the issue for that OP however this OP has a completely different issue because as they have stated in their original post they have just ported in their phone number. Be sure to read an OP's post carefully so that you try and provide a helpful response. Since you didn't port in your number the fix the moderators applied to solve your issue won't solve this OP's issue.

albertyu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had this exact issue happen to me yesterday and after looking all over the forums this is what fixed it:

1. Message MOD team or submit a ticket using message bubble bottom right and let them know about your service is able to make outbound calls/text but not received inbound calls/text

2. Ask them to "refreshed the network" for you, and wait for a bit (~1hr) and you should be able to receive calls now.

3. If it still doesn't work try to insert your SIM into another phone and trying receiving a call again from another device. 

Let me know if this helps :). Public Mobile should really look into getting this fixed.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@jsoriel_58 wrote:

My number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx just been recently  ported to Public Moblie.  Porting was successful, but I can't receive call

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

Hi @jsoriel_58 Welcome to Public Mobile!

First of all, do not post any personal information in public forums.  There are lots of fraudsters waiting in the dark ready to steal your personal info. 

So you just ported your number from another provider but you cannot receive calls and most probably texts as well.  That means your porting is not yet complete.  The last things to be enabled are incoming calls and texts.  Continue using your old sim card until it stops working, which means your porting is complete.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

RosieR

@jsoriel_58 

A few questions.....

1. Did you recieve and respond YES to the porting authorization text from your old provider by keeping their sim card in your phone til this was done? If not you must reinitiate the request thru the moderators or the porting department.
  2. Was your previous account a postpaid pc mobility or a prepaid koodo account? Both of these number transfers can only be done by the moderators and normally require you take a temporary number first and then contact the moderators after activation of the sim card.
  3. Porting of a landline can take 2 days. Porting of a mobility line can take up to 2 hours. If your port does not complete within this time period either contact the moderators or call the telus porting department at 1 844 2(2+1)2 7(7-1)7(7+1) with your previous account # ready.

Good luck and welcome to public mobile! We're always happy to help! Come here anytime.....

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jsoriel_58 

If your porting was not completed, power off your phone and install your old SIM...if still works.

If it doesn’t, it means that the porting is in progress and you will need wait for the porting is completed.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jsoriel_58 

Every 30 minutes,  try rebooting your device, remove SIM and reinsert, and or toggle on and off airplane mode.

If by morning you still can't receive calls, call the porting helpline at:

x-xxx-xxx-xxxx

@jsoriel_58 wrote:

This actually means that porting hasn't been successful/hasn't been completed.  The successful message on the activation or self serve website only means that Public Mobile has assigned the nubmer to your account. That is not an indication of actual porting success.  Please wait a few hours for porting to complete after you have replied to the text message sent by your old carrier to approve the phone number transfer. To repsond to that text message, you'll need to have your old carrier's SIM card in your phone.  Until porting is complete, all incoming phone calls will continue to go to your old carrier's service.

Need Help? Let's chat.