cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can I change my phone number?

Maah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello I changed my number and my old number disable immediately but my new number is not active yet! actually I don't have a number right now! would you please tell me what can I do for that?

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19

@Maah 

Did the moderators fix the problem? What caused the problem?

@Maah 

Put changed number not working in the subject line and include in your message your email on the account, new and old number, pin #, name on account and address. Explain the issue. Expect a response sometime in the morning. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

@Maah wrote:

How can I find anyone who works for public mobile for this issue?

Please contact a moderator to assist you with your issue using this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Maah

How can I find anyone who works for public mobile for this issue?

@Maah  The reason I ask this...because I was a little stumped by your issue was the research I did showed a similar issue and it was accidently a number from another provider (like rogers) in the pm number pool so it wouldn't work. You can't change it again on your own you will need a moderator to give you your old number back temporarily  if this is the case. That's why I suggested checking it to see if it is not a telus number.

Maah

I chose the suggested number by the public mobile in my account

@Maah 

The suggestion by @Triguy helps reconnect or reprovision your account to your sim but I don't think that's the issue here. Google the first 6 digits of your new number to see what company owns that number.....(000) 000-- xxxx

Maah

Yes exactly nothing was wrong with my number or my phone 

@Maah  Your phone was working fine and once you went into your account and changed your number this is when you lost service? You only changed your number once (this time) in the last thirty days?

Maah

My sim is not lost or stolen I just change my number in my account I think this issue not related to your response

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator by submitting a ticket.  Click on the question mark on the bottom right.

@Maah  I'll respond in your new thread ....have to look this one up.

Maah

Just new phone number not new sim

@Maah  Did you choose a new phone number or change your sim card?

Maah

I did the airplane mode as you said but the sim still inactive and also I rebooted my phone twice

Maah

I rebooted my phone twice but it didn't work, and I had service and plane on my old number

@Maah 

First try rebooting your phone. If that doesnt work put your phone in airplane mode. Wait 5 min. Take it off airplane mode. Do you have service?

Maah

No, I just change my number through my account, in the portal

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Maah 

Did you just activate and port your number in? Or change it in your account?

Need Help? Let's chat.