cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HOWTO: Purchasing Add-ons

Olu-T
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your detailed explaination, but am sorry to say thatI did exactly as spelt out even before I brought it up to the community forum but yet it keeps returning the same voice message. Mind you, when I try calling other countries as listed on the international calling plan, it goes through successfully except for those few countries, particularly African countries like South Africa and Nigeria and even some other european countries, the call returns the error message.

My thinking: is this 'International Add-on' voice calling feature limited to just the listed countries or something is wrong somewhere?

I am confused.

5 REPLIES 5

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Olu-T 

Indeed, it uses the terminology "included countries".

Perhaps to be more concise, it ought to read "includes only the following countries".

The reason it may say "included countries" is that some users have reported nearby countries sometimes work. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

300 International Long Distance Minutes - $15

Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France,Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

You could either purchase a long distance calling card or use app like Textnow, Skype,.or Fongo.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Olu-T 

Public mobile only offers international long distance to certain number of countries:

300 International Long Distance Minutes    $15

Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France,Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

Unfortunately, does not include Nigeria.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Olu-T....

as already suggested, PM has no provision for calling the country you want at this time.

One other option is to get a calling card from a local retail outlet in your city.

Calling cards are also available on-line for a reasonable price. Good luck

@Olu-T wrote:

Thanks for your detailed explaination, but am sorry to say thatI did exactly as spelt out even before I brought it up to the community forum but yet it keeps returning the same voice message. Mind you, when I try calling other countries as listed on the international calling plan, it goes through successfully except for those few countries, particularly African countries like South Africa and Nigeria and even some other european countries, the call returns the error message.

My thinking: is this 'International Add-on' voice calling feature limited to just the listed countries or something is wrong somewhere?

I am confused.

Not all countries are included with the long distance add-ons. Specifically, neither South Africa nor Nigeria can be called used the Public Mobile service. You'll need to use a third-party app or service to call these destinations.

Need Help? Let's chat.