Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: EXTRA FUNDS ARE BEING ADDED

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@aanthires 

All of us in the forum are fellow customers who are here for the same reason - help fellow customers and earn $$ rewards (a pittance really but we just love to help) and badges for doing so.

That means the more we post, the more $$ or cents lol we earn.  We are also awarded badges - we love badges!  

Notice that some fellow customers post multiple times in a single thread, now you know why.

Stay safe

REMINDER:  Please do not post any personal information in the forums.  These are public forums

and there are quite a number of fraudsters lurking around ready to steal your personal info.

11 REPLIES 11

@Spudster wrote:

@Anonymous 

I think the "regulars" around here are taking things a little too personal at times.  It's understandable that the amount of time and effort they put into helping someone might seem all for naught if someone jumps in with a Moderator referral and gains a solution

C'est la vie!!!

I'm NOT suggesting there isn't a purpose for users to post creative work-arounds to problems that new or inexperienced users have.  There ABSOLUTELY IS a need for that, and I'm certain Public Mobile knows this which is why they reward based on solutions and bravo's.

All I'm putting out there is that there are many different kinds of Public Mobile users.   Some are techy, some are not.   Some are patient, some are not.   Some are creative, some are not.   Some are trusting, some are not.

I just feel none of us should judge others for how they choose to post in the Community - so long as they're respectful and have the best intentions of helping the customer in mind.

@Spudster 

There in lies the problem....

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous 

I think the "regulars" around here are taking things a little too personal at times.  It's understandable that the amount of time and effort they put into helping someone might seem all for naught if someone jumps in with a Moderator referral and gains a solution

C'est la vie!!!

I'm NOT suggesting there isn't a purpose for users to post creative work-arounds to problems that new or inexperienced users have.  There ABSOLUTELY IS a need for that, and I'm certain Public Mobile knows this which is why they reward based on solutions and bravo's.

All I'm putting out there is that there are many different kinds of Public Mobile users.   Some are techy, some are not.   Some are patient, some are not.   Some are creative, some are not.   Some are trusting, some are not.

I just feel none of us should judge others for how they choose to post in the Community - so long as they're respectful and have the best intentions of helping the customer in mind.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Spudster : I'll echo the point of what others are saying. What are we here for then? Indeed, have one giant sticky...contact customer service here...done. We become entirely irrelevant.

Some customers don't understand that we can help them. Those customers would think the only way for any help is via the mods. As we know this is simply not true. And even with the mods we know that they can often be wrong. Same as the Oracles (though less so).

Sure, there are some questions that regulars will simply say contact the mods. Sim change for one when the question is put clearly. But there's no reason why we can't ask why. It could turn out that they want to move their SIM to another device and don't understand that that's easy without any help.

Spudster

@mimmo wrote:

@Spudster   its not incorrect to recommend contact mods,  sometimes that is the correct solution.  often times however contacting mods is suggested when its not needed, or  before all the information is gathered to make an informed decision.    some members seem to only post contact mods without even reading the post.  

as for simon vs private message.  SIMon is the preferred way as it verifies accounts and can collect some useful info that might not be provided in a private message , whch can cause delays and frustration in getting thins resolved.

Totally agree with you, @mimmo , re blindly posting Moderator contact information when there are non-Moderator solutions to be had.

However, there will always be users who just don't want to try to 'experiment' with processes which are put forth by other users.  Perhaps they haven't built the necessary 'trust' to try the different options put forth - in time, they will.

Good discussion folks!!!

(EDIT:    @mimmo , perhaps the last several posts (maybe from where user:darlicious first reponds back to user:rosie) on this thread should be moved to the Lounge as they really have no bearing on the OP's original question.   Probably best not to obfuscate the thread's author's original question)      

Spudster

Well said, @darlicious .    Good fly fisher analogy.

Still though, there will be some OP's who just want to contact the Moderators and there will be others who will look for more creative solutions based on experienced user input.

All I'm saying is let's put everything on the table and let the user decide what course of action suits them best.

That's all.

Cheers.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Spudster   its not incorrect to recommend contact mods,  sometimes that is the correct solution.  often times however contacting mods is suggested when its not needed, or  before all the information is gathered to make an informed decision.    some members seem to only post contact mods without even reading the post.  

as for simon vs private message.  SIMon is the preferred way as it verifies accounts and can collect some useful info that might not be provided in a private message , whch can cause delays and frustration in getting thins resolved.

@Spudster 

Your opinion is always welcome. Admittedly I take issue with members who insist on posting contacting the moderators for the majority of their posts knowing full well this gives them a higher chance at obtaining the solution. I just feel ( and I have expressed this in many of my statistical based posts/threads) that as a result the way pm tabulates its community rewards those who post in this manner are rewarded over those members who actually take the time to research, test and enrich the community with knowledge and actually help solve often difficult issues and/or provide the solution that the moderators must implement who can often not know what the solution is or how to apply it but they of course are the only ones who can access the accounts of customers.

Public mobile could just have a thread stickied to the landing page " how to contact a moderator" and be done with it......eliminate the need for the community at all. Why give out rewards if the majority of them go to members who just tell an OP to contact the moderators? Spend a few hours a week copy and pasting the same couple posts and an easy community reward comes your way......I will always be vocal on this point ( my big mouth and all). 

I'm not saying don't post it....I'm just saying that unless its a clear cut case of that being the solution very effort should be made to diagnose the problem and solve the issue before that info is posted. Community members should also have the courtesy to not suddenly jump into a thread that a few members have been patiently gleaning more and more info from the OP to get to the root of the issue and post "contact the moderators" .....when that should be one of the hard working members who have devoted considerable time and effort to thread...their privilege not the usurpers.

It's like the flyfisherman who gets up early, hikes to a beautiful spot on a river with a secret eddy that a sockeye salmon likes to rest and feed as they begin their journey upstream. They arrive at dawn carefully selecting hand made tied flies that are meticulously created to replicate the flies that hatch only at that time a year. They cast out with patience with grace of ballerina's movement a distinctive whipping sound the only man-made sound against nature's ripple of water and the surrounding songbirds melody. Finally success! The mighty salmon takes the bait and the fisherman battles the salmon's strength and will to survive to finish its life cycle by making it far upstream to spawn. After a worthy fight the fisherman reels in their exhausted catch only to have a sneaky bear bound out of the forest and snatch an easy prize!

C'est la vie! But I will always want to be the fisherman not the opportunistic bear......

Spudster

@darlicious 

I feel that's a tad harsh against the folks who choose to operate in certain ways on the Community.   If Public Mobile didn't want Moderator contact information given out in the Community, wouldn't they run a program to cleanse Moderator referrals or Moderator links like they do with the porting phone number?

While it is certainly commendable to attempt to assist someone by not posting Moderator contact options, truth be told, the Oracle who awards solutions seems to select that type of post quite regularly as the best Solution to threads which are unmarked as solved.

This might suggest that it's not all bad to give customers the option to contact moderators, and in reality, why shouldn't customers have that as an option in their toolbox?  After all, using stupid SIMon can be frustrating to trigger a ticket to a Moderator, and we're all paying for a service with no live customer service. Moderator contact is the only way to deal with Public Mobile employees - heck, sometimes even Moderators post on the forum to contact them. 

Sure, I "get" that is not what the Community may have been built upon, and there are many more experienced members who have (or take) the time to post long and well thought out replies.   Huge kudos to those folks!!!  That is great they can do that.

In the end, I'd say, to each their own.   

Let's just let others do what they want to do - and let the customer at the other end of that thread decide what's best or worked for them.

Cheers!!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@RosieR wrote:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@aanthires 

All of us in the forum are fellow customers who are here for the same reason - help fellow customers and earn $$ rewards (a pittance really but we just love to help) and badges for doing so.

That means the more we post, the more $$ or cents lol we earn.  We are also awarded badges - we love badges!  

Notice that some fellow customers post multiple times in a single thread, now you know why.

Stay safe

REMINDER:  Please do not post any personal information in the forums.  These are public forums

and there are quite a number of fraudsters lurking around ready to steal your personal info.

@aanthires 

Despite this being off topic from your original post this info is not exactly correct. If the more you post the more community "points" you earn then someone like myself would be a consistent top 1% badge awardee as I have averaged over 500 posts per month since joining public mobile. I am self-admittedly prolific with my posts and they are often long winded ones......I do on occasion copy and paste a few of my own posts on how to effectively private message a moderator or add a credit card/make a successful payment and reactivate your service. I rarely if ever copy and paste other members posts or information copied directly from the help articles provided by pm and easily accessible by using the search bar.

I hold by the community's purpose of helping resolve a customer's issue without ever contacting the moderators or simply copy and pasting how to contact them in the hopes of gaining a solution. My goal is to help customers by providing correct information ( but hey we all mistakes and take corrections by others in our stride because who doesn't want to learn something new everyday?), helpful advice and ways to maximize your savings with public mobile.

Community members who have a high percentage of answering with how to contact the moderators (some as high as 85%) of their posts or post repetitive information that has already been contributed to the thread previously are participating in the community in order to hopefully gain a higher percentage of bravos and solutions for a minimal amount of time spent in order to gain a higher reward amount. Their heart and intentions are not in the right place and it goes against the spirit, the intentions and the purpose of the community. These members should know better but continue post in such a manner.......revealing their true intentions.

Enough said....rant over.....lol....for now!😃

Need Help? Let's chat.