cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Double Charge when topping up account

Pixie1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes My mom just had this happen except she has automatic debit. she was charged 50 on the first of the month and 50 again today. i checked her account, no credit, shes old she has no time to get on this thing, you guys need to give it back as quickly as it was taken out, shes on a pension. theres no number to call. if she cant get this resolved she's switching carriers. And if she switches i might as well as well because trying to call and find answers for her takes too much time. no number to speak to an agent and no chat support. everything just a bot. this is not worth the "savings" 

7 REPLIES 7

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Pixie1 Koodo has really good prepaid plans at the current moment. they are only $5 more than public mobile plans 

🥴

@LurganIeUk 

Oh yes I agree.....something isn't adding up?

@darlicious give some time for  @Pixie1 to first confirm the 2 x $50 debits on the PM payment history of her mother's account along with dates of the debits. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Pixie1 

Your mom has a visa/debit set up for autopay?While highly unusual this is not unheard of....and its a glitch in the system that would require the tech team to look into. If  both charges don't appear in her transaction history history and as you say the extra $50 does not appear in her balance then the erroneous charge could have been credited to a different account or there is some other unusual billing happening with her account. I would suggest putting a temporary hold on her card till you at least get to the bottom of this charge.

Before contacting the moderators get the transaction and merchant #'s from her bank account for the erroneous charge to hand over to the moderators to make tracing the charge easier. Contact them via private message as it may be less frustrating than dealing with simon ( it is for me).....

BTW....are you 100% sure the charges are from public mobile?

Use my preferred method of contact you should recieve a response within the hour...

To send a private message and include a detailed message explaining the issue. Then add the following.....

1. Full name and address /or province and postal code on your account.
  2. Email, pin # and phone #.

If you don't remember your pin # include at least 3 of the following:

1. Last payment, amount, date, type and last 4 digits.
  2. Alternate phone # if any.
  3. Date of birth.(n/a on new accounts)
  4. Plan amount, recent changes, any add ons on account.
  5. Security question and answer. 
  6. Frequently called/texted numbers.
  7. Activation date.
  8. Last 4 digits of your sim card.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. Wait times average 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour or less. Ask for a review link if you would like to rate the customer service you have recieved. 

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@LurganIeUk 

$50 plan? I was thinking the same thing that's a lot a data for non- technology savvy person!

@Dunkman maybe this could be moved to its own thread?

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Pixie1 wrote:

Yes My mom just had this happen except she has automatic debit. she was charged 50 on the first of the month and 50 again today. i checked her account, no credit, shes old she has no time to get on this thing, you guys need to give it back as quickly as it was taken out, shes on a pension. theres no number to call. if she cant get this resolved she's switching carriers. And if she switches i might as well as well because trying to call and find answers for her takes too much time. no number to speak to an agent and no chat support. everything just a bot. this is not worth the "savings" 

I find this interesting @Pixie1 

Can you tell us how long has she been with PM?

When was her payment due?

When was the next $50 taken?

Can you do us a screen shot of the 2 $50 charges?

Also, none of our business.....does she really need a $50 plan?

Does she know how to access her PM account? Or do you oversee it?

Let's see what we can do for you first!

And also keep in mind that if the second $50 shows as a balance....the next month will take from BALANCE first and then auto-pay. 

"We" are only customers (same as you), helping customers. Try us first and then move onto a MOD. 

Need Help? Let's chat.