cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Credit Card Payments still not working?

badgerbadger
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Joining in on this thread for a similar issue. 

My renewal date was last night and this morning I woke up to see that my service has been "Temporarily Suspended". When I dial *611, it tells me that my account has been temporarily suspended. 

I have made two payments so far through the self service dashboard from my credit card in order to resume my service but, two hours later, the service remains suspended. 

When I log into my Self Service account on my original browser, it says "Plan Expired". When I log in from an Incognito browser, its says the account status is " Active".

When I call *611 to make another payment through the phone (which is what i've resorted to do doing because at this point I don't know what else I need to do to resume my phone service), the the phone system can't process the credit card. I know that there's no issue with the credit card because I've already made two payments this morning. 

Please advise on how I can get my phone service back or when this glitch is expected to be resolved. 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

@badgerbadger wrote:

Thanks for your advice on this!

@Dunkman, you're correct but I tried it and it didn't work - but for a completely different reason. 

I have two phone accounts on Public Mobile. I had logged into the wrong account. and was refilling the one that was already topped up. I feel stupid, but I want to put it

Don't feel like you feel! Show me a person who did not make a mistake ever.

At least now you have at least one account with enough funds not to worry for a while. Money is not lost and you can sleep well.

It will be nice if we could assign an icon to our PM accounts similar we have in Community; nice big picture or even custom photo shown when we log in into our accounts. It will be easier to see which account we handle in case somebody does maintain/handle multiple accounts.

badgerbadger

Thanks for your advice on this!

@Dunkman, you're correct but I tried it and it didn't work - but for a completely different reason. 

I have two phone accounts on Public Mobile. I had logged into the wrong account. and was refilling the one that was already topped up. I feel stupid, but I want to put it out there because the issue is not a PM system issue or a glitch - its my human error. 

I've been using Public Mobile for over 4 years and have never had an issue with the payments. Now that I topped up the correct account, my service has resumed immediately. 

All good, thank you and @esjliv so much for your help on this!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@badgerbadger 

Do you still have services? 

If yes, this could be your account going through the normal renewal process. The SELF SERVE account can say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew.

So if this is the case, ignore these messages on your SELF SERVE account.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@badgerbadger wrote:

Joining in on this thread for a similar issue. 

My renewal date was last night and this morning I woke up to see that my service has been "Temporarily Suspended". When I dial *611, it tells me that my account has been temporarily suspended. 

I have made two payments so far through the self service dashboard from my credit card in order to resume my service but, two hours later, the service remains suspended. 

When I log into my Self Service account on my original browser, it says "Plan Expired". When I log in from an Incognito browser, its says the account status is " Active".

When I call *611 to make another payment through the phone (which is what i've resorted to do doing because at this point I don't know what else I need to do to resume my phone service), the the phone system can't process the credit card. I know that there's no issue with the credit card because I've already made two payments this morning. 

Please advise on how I can get my phone service back or when this glitch is expected to be resolved. 

Thanks!

@badgerbadger 

Do you have enough available funds available to restart your plan?  

Maybe try rebooting phone.  

Another trick is the lost/stolen phone option:

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

I will start your own thread.  

jsimms89

Try restarting your phone (turning it off and on again). Sometimes that works to do a reset on the SIM card, at least if it says you're active on your profile. If not, does it say your payments were successful? Does your profile say that the funds are available in your account or is your account balance $0.00? If the account has the funds showing, you might have to do some other trouble shooting.

Need Help? Let's chat.