cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Call Forwarding Question

cilbup91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Luddite wrote:

Call forwarding with PM is managed fom your phone so it needs to be done while in Ontario. In the scenraio you present you can only forward to an Ontario mobile, or landline, number.

Forwarding will also only function as long as your plan is active. If goes into suspension service will stop.

So if I set up call forwarding when i'm in Ontario to an Ontario number, but travel outside Ontario with my phoen afterwards. The Forwarding will still work since I set it up when the phoen was on an Ontario network? I only have in-provence calling.  

5 REPLIES 5

@cilbup91 wrote:

Great! thanks @Luddite!

I am not planning on using Fongo. I am forwarding my calls to another person. But i assume this wil work regardless! 

It will, as long as their number is not long distance for you. Remember your callers will be hearing their voicemail announcement, not yours.

I do recommend you try it before leaving,

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

cilbup91

Great! thanks @Luddite!

I am not planning on using Fongo. I am forwarding my calls to another person. But i assume this wil work regardless! 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@cilbup91 I know this works. My sister has used this workaround from Florida, and I from England. We both have only Ontario calling. Just be sure you get a local (to you) number when registering on Fongo. Anyone leaving a message will do so on your Fongo account.

Give it a try before you leave. Remember you must use wifi or cellular data to access Fongo.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

cilbup91

Thanks @srlawren, the situation is I am heading to Erurope, but want my calls forwarded when I travel. I am using a roaming sim card as i travel. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cilbup91 wrote:

So if I set up call forwarding when i'm in Ontario to an Ontario number, but travel outside Ontario with my phoen afterwards. The Forwarding will still work since I set it up when the phoen was on an Ontario network? I only have in-provence calling.  

@cilbup91 That is a tricky scenario that I'm not sure of the answer to.  Tagging @CS_Agent to please weigh in.  Thank you!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.