cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beginner’s Guide to the Community

Goingtopass
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a SIM Card yesterday but it was not activated properly.  When I enter it, is says it is not valid.  SIM Card # is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  My old plan cancels at 12:00 a.m. March 10/2020 with phone number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  

edited by computergeek541: account information removed

3 REPLIES 3

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Goingtopass wrote:

I purchased a SIM Card yesterday but it was not activated properly.  When I enter it, is says it is not valid.  SIM Card # is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  My old plan cancels at 12:00 a.m. March 10/2020 with phone number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  

Hi @Goingtopass where are you entering the sim card number?

Where did you activate your sim card - in-store or online?

If in-store, create a self serve account here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Your 4-digit PIN# was sent to you by text.  

If you activated online, then you already created your self serve account.

click the Plan and Add-On tab, do you see your number there?  Then your number has already been assigned to your account.  You should be able to make calls and send texts. 

If your credit card was not charged, then activation failed.

If you had tried multiple times, you could have been locked out.  Wait an hour before you try again.  Be sure to delete your browsing history, cache and cookies.  Reboot

Please note:  in order to transfer or port your number to Public Mobile, you have to keep your previous provider's account active, unless you are transferring from Telus/Koodo.

Please keep us updated.

RosieR

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Goingtopass wrote:

@Goingtopass 

Few questions:

Where did you purchase the SIM card? 

Did you activate it yourself?

When you say old plan cancels, do you mean with another provider (NOT Public Mobile)?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Goingtopass wrote:

@Goingtopass ,

Was your credit card charged? If yes, then try the PM SIM in your phone. Do you have any services?

IF your credit card was not charged then you did not complete the activation process.

Need Help? Let's chat.